• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink Trainee Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Skyblumatt

Salary will be the same as advertised.

Much obliged

Thank you
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
No email for me
But did get a letter saying I'd been successful and they are currently allocating spaces on courses , and that if I'm not placed on one of those it will be talent pool

In actuality that's the best thing to happen on a personal level due to imminent house move and need to maintain current wage for mortgage purposes etc
Hard not to be disappointed though with others receiving dates but telling myself to be excited!
Congrats to those of you above with a start date
Hopefully see you sometime in the future

Matt

Pompy

Well happy, offered DD or talent pool for mainline so I've took DD.
Pending medical results of course .

ChrisBeds

Congrats to all that made it through.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Depot Driver Joey.

inthearea

is there anyone on the 9th march course?! All that have posted seem to be in talent pool or DD

airbus

Does anyone have any clue what this information really means:

'Taxi agreement all depots booking on or off between 2359 and 0500 to and from work and home or home station whatever is closer' on the below link:

http://www.aslef.org.uk/information/102222/102225/102373/thameslink_great_northern/

Any info will be much appreciated :)

Also, does anyone have any example train drivers rosters from Blackfriars depot? Congratulations to all of you who got through!

Class2ldn

Established Member
Any jobs starting around 5 or finishing after midnight will entitle you to a cab to/from work.
Blackfriars is one link and to be quite honest the rosters have gone down the pan, lots of 9h+ jobs, spare cut from max days to 8h45 so enforced overtime.
Max day is 9h54 and most of it consists of sutton loops.
Earliest finish is now around 1330 from a 5 ish start.

airbus

Any jobs starting around 5 or finishing after midnight will entitle you to a cab to/from work.
Blackfriars is one link and to be quite honest the rosters have gone down the pan, lots of 9h+ jobs, spare cut from max days to 8h45 so enforced overtime.
Max day is 9h54 and most of it consists of sutton loops.
Earliest finish is now around 1330 from a 5 ish start.

Thanks Class2ldn for the info!

ttoott

Good news! I have been offered 9th March start date!! Anyone else on this one?

I am. Start Date 09/03.
Had my medical on 20/01. Fit for the role but still waiting to hear from HR about the drug/urine test results.

Have you received yours yet?

inthearea

I had mine last Friday - waited a week and just ended up calling them where she confirmed all was fine...she also said contract should be on the post.

ttoott

I had mine last Friday - waited a week and just ended up calling them where she confirmed all was fine...she also said contract should be on the post.

Have you received your contract yet?
I called them onMonday and was told everything was OK and the contract would be in the post. Just wondering how long before it comes through the letterbox.

airbus

Have you received your contract yet?
I called them onMonday and was told everything was OK and the contract would be in the post. Just wondering how long before it comes through the letterbox.

I also contacted them on Monday and was told the contract had been sent out first class but have not received it yet. Should have been with me by now... Well, patience is a virtue ;)

inthearea

Yes i have my contract...but its wrong! Has Kings X as the depot and its meant to be Hitchin so a new one should arrive here today :) all filled out!

ttoott

Any March starters got their contracts yet? Still waiting for mine

Same here, still awaiting the contract. Phoned HR today and was told she would check it. Getting really impatient now as need to give in notice soon.

TomHaley

Still waiting for mine, didn't think they'd be advertising again so soon. Wonder how many chose talent pool.

inthearea

I have actually had 2! Got it last week tuesday i think...and it had wrong depot...got 2nd one on Friday and sent back on Monday.

Do you know which depot you are based at?

Status
Not open for further replies.