• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The GTR talent pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Alamein

I've been waiting since June 2015 and still heard nothing.

I'm glad there appears to be some movement but i'm unsure whether ill get anything as i'm in Leighton Buzzard so on the cusp of a few stations.

Good luck to all those that have start dates.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

StuH

Hi I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but I have been on the talent pool for some time and feel I'm getting run around? I know and know of a few people who are also known the list for thameslink and they have received an email saying Bedford isn't taking on trainee drivers now and to apply to other depots but I have had nothing. Does anyone have any advice. PS I called them but less than helpful. Thanks

bILLOO

AFAIK they are trying to find places for the Talent Pool folk at other depots. Hopefully we'll hear again soon.

Ception

Hi Guys

I have recently taken the DMI for southern and I was told I would receive a response within a month, it's now been passed that and so I called HR and I was told i have been placed into a pool and there is no time frame for anyone to get back to me. Is this normal? And if so how long is the wait before I am able to do the MMI and medical?

RedZed

Hi Guys

I have recently taken the DMI for southern and I was told I would receive a response within a month, it's now been passed that and so I called HR and I was told i have been placed into a pool and there is no time frame for anyone to get back to me. Is this normal? And if so how long is the wait before I am able to do the MMI and medical?

Don't hold your breath Try two years plus and counting...:(

Sikes 88

Well Trudy wasn't at work, but i got a call from the recruitment manager confirming everything and giving the go ahead, she said my training depot had been changed to kings cross, which is fine, and that I would be placed when qualified. looking forward to starting now:D

Hi mate. I believe I'm on the same course that you will be on. Regarding references did you receive an email from the external company regarding the reference checks. I completed the form but not sure if it sent

Dave999

Hi mate. I believe I'm on the same course that you will be on. Regarding references did you receive an email from the external company regarding the reference checks. I completed the form but not sure if it sent

Think I'm on the same course, yes I completed the reference's email. I didn't get any response to confirm.

rhysa85

Think I'm on the same course, yes I completed the reference's email. I didn't get any response to confirm.

Just to put your mind at ease guys, you won't hear unless there is something wrong, which hopefully there won't be. Good luck to you all!

Sikes 88

Just to put your mind at ease guys, you won't hear unless there is something wrong, which hopefully there won't be. Good luck to you all!

Perfect I was starting to worry as I never received a confirmation email. Buzzing to start

Bucko

I've been waiting since June 2015 and still heard nothing.

I'm glad there appears to be some movement but i'm unsure whether ill get anything as i'm in Leighton Buzzard so on the cusp of a few stations.

Good luck to all those that have start dates.

Same. Only I'm July 2015, not June.

All those who recently received start dates, are you all from the 2015 recruitment drive, and did you all get called for another medical ?

Dave999

Applied October 2015, had medical early March last year and now starting on the 27th this month didn't need another medical. No idea how it all works, feel lucky to get the offer.

Driveit

Yep I applied back in Feb 2015 and had passed all tests up to the medical by about June . I had to have another medical about a month ago

bILLOO

Appled 2015 for Bedford. Luton and/or Welwyn are the closest depots now (if Luton comes to fruition).

SeanR69

Highly unlikely you will get Luton as displaced drivers from Bedford and Blackfriars will have first choice to go there - realistically you may get St Albans ( if it happens) but more than likely Cricklewood when that comes to fruition - exisiting drivers don't even know their future yet

El-Alamein

Well I never thought this day would come but I have been offered a place on the May 17th Course at Hitchin...Not my first choice but I wont complain as I have been in the pool since June 2015!!

I still have to redo my medical but nothing has changed. Here's hoping that goes ok and I can have a long career as a driver.

Anyone else on this course?

WDS2015

Well I never thought this day would come but I have been offered a place on the May 17th Course at Hitchin...Not my first choice but I wont complain as I have been in the pool since June 2015!!

I still have to redo my medical but nothing has changed. Here's hoping that goes ok and I can have a long career as a driver.

Congratulations mate, you must be over the moon

rhysa85

Honestly.....im waiting to see how the medical goes first before I start partying lol.

My eyesight has got worse...not by much but still playing on my mind.
I wouldn't worry too much about that, or about being at Hitchin as you probably will only do your training there before getting hornsey or WGC

Wallicio

Congratulations buddy this is awesome news ??????

inthearea

I wouldn't worry too much about that, or about being at Hitchin as you probably will only do your training there before getting hornsey or WGC

As Rhys says you defo will not stay at Hitchin. You will be looking at WGC or Hornsey depot. Your just told a depot to start they will tell you different in May. Welcome to the railway...

El-Alamein

As Rhys says you defo will not stay at Hitchin. You will be looking at WGC or Hornsey depot. Your just told a depot to start they will tell you different in May. Welcome to the railway...

Thanks inthearea. Technically I'm already part of the railway as I work for Network Rail.. whatever station im posted to at least its a step forward.

Wallicio

Out of interest for those of you that have received contracts, were they in the post or by email?

Dandan1

Hi guys, just to throw a spanner in the works...

Got the call today from Trudy-Ann. Got my medical on 8th April ready to start Hitchin course beginning of May.

Strange as I originally applied for Cambridge, and live just 2 miles from Bedford station and have been given Hitchin.

It's been mention on here we won't actually be placed at hitchin, but I'm happy whatever. The foots in the door!

For those that are interested. I passed my MMi this time last year. So pretty much exactly a years wait.

Dave999

Hi guys, just to throw a spanner in the works...

Got the call today from Trudy-Ann. Got my medical on 8th April ready to start Hitchin course beginning of May.

Strange as I originally applied for Cambridge, and live just 2 miles from Bedford station and have been given Hitchin.

It's been mention on here we won't actually be placed at hitchin, but I'm happy whatever. The foots in the door!

For those that are interested. I passed my MMi this time last year. So pretty much exactly a years wait.

Nice one mate, glad you got the call. I started this week and Hitchin is down as my depot. Main thing is it's on the GN side.

Status
Not open for further replies.