• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The GTR talent pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave999

Got my contract today, depot changed from WGC to Hitchin. Suits me but I presume it was changed because current Hitchin drivers have not been told where they are going when it gets downgraded.

rhysa85

Got my contract today, depot changed from WGC to Hitchin. Suits me but I presume it was changed because current Hitchin drivers have not been told where they are going when it gets downgraded.

Trust me, you won't be at Hitchin mate. You will probably be classed as GN Central or GN south, same as my course all were.

inthearea

As Rhys said you also will not be at Hitchin. Just take it that you have a job but you will have no idea where you will be based.

As for getting to PBO - in all honesty probably will never happen as the list who want it is far too long

CBG better chance maybe

Dave999

It's fine I can make it work at any GN depot, I've potentially got 27 years of train driving ahead of me so who knows where I will end up!

Wallicio

I applied in Feb 15 and passed June time the same year. I was offered the 20th of March at Cricklewood over the phone. I snapped it up but my medical had expired so I had it today, and passed. Just waiting for the contract to come through now. I just want to sign on the dotted line so after nearly two years I can take this weight off my shoulder and celebrate!

The medical lasts three years?

How did it expire?

Last edited:

smerlin

When I did my medical with GTR they told me on the day , they did the urine screening there and then, so we knew the results within a couple of minutes. I had mine done at the head office in Croydon, others had theirs done by BUPA elsewhere, so it will depend on which TOC and where its done.

I'm at the head office to, which suits as I grew up in Croydon so know it well. So it sounds like I might know by 2 o'clock today! Fingers crossed!

maradona10

I recently applied for a ticket examiner job with Abellio Scotrail and progressed through the initial assessments and interview stage...

I got a response after a nervous wait but this was worded slightly unusually... basically saying that although I was successful at interview they have more successful candidates at interview stage than positions to fill.

So I was told I would be placed in a reserve pool for 6 months but I was not asked to do any medical?

Is this just a polite no or is there a possibility that something could genuinely come up?

smerlin

I recently applied for a ticket examiner job with Abellio Scotrail and progressed through the initial assessments and interview stage...

I got a response after a nervous wait but this was worded slightly unusually... basically saying that although I was successful at interview they have more successful candidates at interview stage than positions to fill.

So I was told I would be placed in a reserve pool for 6 months but I was not asked to do any medical?

Is this just a polite no or is there a possibility that something could genuinely come up?

Whilst I can't comment on this company, I will say that when I joined the fire service, they said a similar thing -i got 95% on my interview but 16 others got better, 6month later I got a job, so whilst I wouldn't wait for it, don't totally count it out.

Dave999

I'm medically fit for safety critical work Haha:) passed, bring in my contract and the 27th, see if I'm changed to Hitchin too. Not that I'm to fussed

Nice one mate, hopefully I see you at Kentish Town on the 27th :)

smerlin

Hey Dave999 & Smerlin, are you guys starting for the Gillingham depot on the 27th?

I've been told Welwyn garden city, so was Dave I believe, however his since been changed to Hitchin, I'm yet to get my contract. We are both starting on the 27th tho, and I guess from Dave's last comment we're training in Kentish town^^ at what point do we get free travel btw:lol::lol:

Dave999

Free travel from the 27th, its 4 days induction at Kentish Town. Not sure where after that.

rhysa85

I've been told Welwyn garden city, so was Dave I believe, however his since been changed to Hitchin, I'm yet to get my contract. We are both starting on the 27th tho, and I guess from Dave's last comment we're training in Kentish town^^ at what point do we get free travel btw:lol::lol:

Your free travel begins the day you start as Dave999 has said, you get a letter along with your induction paperwork that will cover you. You will be at Kentish Town for 4 days (lunch is provided), one of those days you spend out on the route doing some team tasks. The Friday you will go to either Hornsey or your TL equivalent training centre to meet your trainers and also collect your uniform if it's arrived. Whilst at KT the guys who do the induction should hopefully sort your actual staff pass out as well. If you've any other questions then give me a shout!

BaGz1885

Your free travel begins the day you start as Dave999 has said, you get a letter along with your induction paperwork that will cover you. You will be at Kentish Town for 4 days (lunch is provided), one of those days you spend out on the route doing some team tasks. The Friday you will go to either Hornsey or your TL equivalent training centre to meet your trainers and also collect your uniform if it's arrived. Whilst at KT the guys who do the induction should hopefully sort your actual staff pass out as well. If you've any other questions then give me a shout!

Thanks for the information! I'm starting my induction this Monday 27th February. I'm guessing smerlin and dave999 is 27th March? Sorry for the confusion and the very best of luck to you both next month and for the future

smerlin

Good luck to all, and thanks for the info Rhys, very comprehensive. Gonna ring Trudy today and chase up my contract so I can get this set in stone! Haha

smerlin

Good luck to all, and thanks for the info Rhys, very comprehensive. Gonna ring Trudy today and chase up my contract so I can get this set in stone! Haha

Well Trudy wasn't at work, but i got a call from the recruitment manager confirming everything and giving the go ahead, she said my training depot had been changed to kings cross, which is fine, and that I would be placed when qualified. looking forward to starting now:D

Driveit

Anyone know where us cricklewood trainees will be based at for training after the initial week at Kentish Town?

ComUtoR

Established Member
Anyone know where us cricklewood trainees will be based at for training after the initial week at Kentish Town?

Now you have the job, it's time to start asking those kind of questions to your course Tutor, Driver Manager, or HR department.

What I would suggest is that you get a long list of questions you want/need to ask. No doubt there will be fellow Trainees with similar questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.