• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The GTR talent pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smerlin

WEll i dunno who was listening, but i got a call today, 27th March at Welwyn Garden CIty. Tbh didnt even know there was a depot there but assuming i pass my medical next week im good to go:)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave999

WEll i dunno who was listening, but i got a call today, 27th March at Welwyn Garden CIty. Tbh didnt even know there was a depot there but assuming i pass my medical next week im good to go:)

I got the same offer also! I didn't think there was a depot there either

Polar

Yes it's one of the new gn depots mainly being filled by drivers from hitchin.

Dave999

It's a GN depot according to the lady that phoned me, I was down for Cambridge but she said no jobs there yet and they had worked out I can get to WGC in 1h15m by car or just under an hour by train.

Bit of a commute but i can't see me getting another opportunity.

Robcuk

It's a GN depot according to the lady that phoned me, I was down for Cambridge but she said no jobs there yet and they had worked out I can get to WGC in 1h15m by car or just under an hour by train.

Bit of a commute but i can't see me getting another opportunity.

Congratulations, great news. No night running and a lot less routes to learn too

RedZed

All I got was an email confirming the conversation the other week that there are no jobs at Bedford but are working to relocate applicants at other depots within a commutable distance.

If we are able to match your application to a depot within a safe travelling distance, you will continue with the next stage of the process.

Whats' not written is the implication that if they can't match you, your application is going nowhere.

bILLOO

If GTR are accepting 1hr15mins as a reasonable commute time then this'll put you in a good position for a couple of depots, RedZed?

Garyjames1701

Wow can't believe this thread is still going, with some of the same people still waiting! I created this thread when I applied for the job back in 2015. I'm now qualified and can say it is a great job. Best of luck to you all.

inthearea

Congrats on getting positions but this has caused a bit of a stir amongst current drivers who still havent been told which depot they will be moving too. This is just a heads up that you may not necessarily get WGC as a depot after the displaced Hitchin & KGX drivers get placed.

Welcome to GTR

WDS2015

Congratulations to you guys that got the call, been a long time coming

If your on the GN side I'm sure I will see you around

Amex88

Congrats everyone. I got the call 2 weeks ago also to start at kings cross. Sadly i had to turn it down. Best of luck to all that got the calls.

Dave999

Does anyone know if you get your offer/contract through via email or is it posted? Just want to know as I will be cutting it fine with having to give 1 months notice to my current employer and I go on holiday today for a week.

Last edited:

Scattle

Does anyone know if you get your offer/contract through via email or is it posted? Just want to know as I will be cutting it fine with having to give 1 months notice to my current employer and I go on holiday today for a week.
Via Email

smerlin

Cheers thats good info to have, also how long afster medical do u find out if u passed? Or is that apprent when u leave the place?

WDS2015

Cheers thats good info to have, also how long afster medical do u find out if u passed? Or is that apprent when u leave the place?

The drugs and alcohol test you don't find out in the day the rest you should know if you passed

When I did my medical with GTR they told me on the day , they did the urine screening there and then, so we knew the results within a couple of minutes. I had mine done at the head office in Croydon, others had theirs done by BUPA elsewhere, so it will depend on which TOC and where its done.

Jobbyp89

I start at cricklewood on 20/03. Had medical this week and got results on the day. Ive been sat in the talent pool since May 2015. It still hasn't really sunk in yet. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

WDS2015

I start at cricklewood on 20/03. Had medical this week and got results on the day. Ive been sat in the talent pool since May 2015. It still hasn't really sunk in yet. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Congratulations mate it's worth the wait believe me

Bucko

Hi Mate. Congrats. When did you get the call and if you dont mind me asking wheres your location? Good Luck!

Gordo

I applied in Feb 15 and passed June time the same year. I was offered the 20th of March at Cricklewood over the phone. I snapped it up but my medical had expired so I had it today, and passed. Just waiting for the contract to come through now. I just want to sign on the dotted line so after nearly two years I can take this weight off my shoulder and celebrate!

Status
Not open for further replies.