• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.

vark0

Did anyone apply for the Worcester trainee job? and are there any other female applicants?

Me, but think we are still awaiting the results of the application. Am I right in thinking you wear a blue shirt in your current occupation? !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Villafan10

I applied in the latter batch for a Birmingham post and am still waiting to hear. I was wondering whether anybody that was successful in the Bletchley applications could outline the process they went through after the acceptance of the application? For example whether interview or assessments came first and what assessments were done? I've read this thread and I'm still unsure whether LM do the DFFT or not. Thanks.

plastictaffy

Congratualtions!

So if/when you complete this stage and the interview, do you know when the training course would start?

The word is that there will be a course in November, and a further course in May. There are two guys that I know of (internals) that are pretty much nailed on for the November course as they only require medicals - one of which is booked.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I applied in the latter batch for a Birmingham post and am still waiting to hear. I was wondering whether anybody that was successful in the Bletchley applications could outline the process they went through after the acceptance of the application? For example whether interview or assessments came first and what assessments were done? I've read this thread and I'm still unsure whether LM do the DFFT or not. Thanks.

So the application went in, then LM did driver manager interview, followed by stage one assessments, which are Group Bourdon, TRP 1 and 2, DFFT (not required by all TOC's, although GTR also insist on it) and possibly one other that evades me right now. Then they get the results for that - there is a national level and an enhanced level - GTR want enhanced as do Northern, I believe.
Then you will (assuming success) be sent off to the OPC (in my case in Watford) to do some more tests, which are Vigilance, (the oft-mentioned grey square) followed by ATAVT, followed by two handed co-ordination before lunch.
After lunch (again, assuming success) you will do the multi-modal interview. Assuming you have passed all of this to a satisfactory standard, you may get a provisional job offer, pending a medical and references, or you may get sent for medical then get a job offer. That make it all a bit clearer?
The last time I applied (to GTR) the Driver Manager interview wasn't done first. That interview is usually done after the testing, just before the medical.
Any ideas on how many trainees they are looking to recruit?

I believe is is 8 for the November course, and a further 8 for the May course.

TJD

Thanks plastictaffy.

Lets hope your successful with stage 2 and get onto the earlier course.

Would i be correct to assume the mechanical comprehension test is no longer used?

I was also wondering can different depots of the same company i.e. LM conduct different tests?

For example, bletchley would conduct tests x, y and z, however wolverhampton would substitute one test for another. Could that be possible, If you know what i mean.

plastictaffy

I wouldn't imagine so. The computerised tests are done by an independent body - the OPC - so those tests are industry standard. The paper test - stage one - is done usually up at 102, so those test will be the same also. Having said that, it's worth remembering that LM is made up of two constituent companies, so it's possible that the old Central Trains may have done it differently.

387star

On Moderation
I wouldn't imagine so. The computerised tests are done by an independent body - the OPC - so those tests are industry standard. The paper test - stage one - is done usually up at 102, so those test will be the same also. Having said that, it's worth remembering that LM is made up of two constituent companies, so it's possible that the old Central Trains may have done it differently.

Some companies such as C2C have an enhanced level for the computer tests as well

No,dreaded talent pool likely then?

YoungBuck

Just spoke to London Midland again and she said they haven't received all the results from Mondays assessments hence why people haven't been contacted.
Guys.. if you haven't heard back take it as no news is good news. I've just been told I was successful!! The reason I never had an email was because there are currently no available slots for stage 4

I applied for Birmingham too, still not heard anything.
I think all the action is for the Bletchley guys at the minute, hopefully we will hear soon.

vark0

I applied for Worcester! Imagine they have had thousands of applications!

Hopefully hear something this coming week... Trainee positions in Brum are rarer than rocking horse s##t :lol::lol::lol:

I hope so! I have never waited this long for an initial response to an application in my life. I am currently working though so I am happy to wait, I just hope all this waiting amounts to something.

vark0

Yup, plus I know 2 others who have yet to hear. Unless were all in the WPB! Lol

yerman164

I've heard from H R that people should be notified over the next few days about the West Midlands positions. Unsure though if that's everyone or just internals but would presume its everyone together.

Hi,

Have you heard anything yet about the West Midland positions, or know of anyone that has?

felix2601

I am an internal and still haven't heard anything yet. I am training at head office today, so I will ask around.

Davside84

Nothing here yet either! It's taking longer than the Bletchley position did, although they were a bit quicker than I expected that time. I'm sure we'll hear something soon, good luck everyone!

felix2601

Thank you for your email.

We have received over a thousand applications, and are currently drawing to a close for the initial sifting stage.

You will receive correspondence from us towards the end of the week, with regards to the next stage.

We would like to thank you for your interest in London Midland

Rebekah Lewis
Interim Resourcing Advisor

I actually sent them an email last Wednesday.

felix2601

It was from my work email platictaffy so anyone with a brain should have realised that I was an internal applicant. But then again this is London midland HRwe are talking about.

sd0733

Established Member
Hi,

Have you heard anything yet about the West Midland positions, or know of anyone that has?

Nothing at all yet! Ill try and speak to the person who told me that and see if theres any update.

Thank you for your email.

We have received over a thousand applications, and are currently drawing to a close for the initial sifting stage.

You will receive correspondence from us towards the end of the week, with regards to the next stage.

We would like to thank you for your interest in London Midland

Rebekah Lewis
Interim Resourcing Advisor

I actually sent them an email last Wednesday.

Am I right in thinking this was regarding the Birmingham positions?
If so then fingers crossed we will hear this week, it's been quite a while now!

Status
Not open for further replies.