• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

91119: Returns to service and in Swallow livery too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ash39

Established Member
Looks amazing even 25 years on. A timely reminder of how to design/adapt a livery to suit the shape of the vehicle.

xotGD

Established Member
Can I suggest changing the title of this thread to 'Game On for 91119'?

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Are LNER putting a full Mk4 + DVT in the swallow liberty as well?
Unlikely. Whilst the 313 shows that the contrasting doors thing can be made to work, it'd be far harder to do with IC livery. I don't know how often the 91s switch rakes, but they do switch... so if they did a rake, it wouldn't stay together for long.

Journeyman

Established Member
Oh my. It's 1996 and 9 year old me is back trainspotting at Doncaster with my dad...

Reminds me of shed-bunking Bounds Green before they entered service, and drooling over 91001 in a siding on the edge of the depot. Those were the days!

dubscottie

Very nice! I wonder if we may see an LNER silver, blue and apple green 91's. Would make a great line-up!

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Well, its certainly nice to hear some cheering news for a change. I look forward to seeing it at Leeds some time.

pdeaves

Established Member
sigh. why would that happen?
Well, for fun, I suppose, just like IC livery application is fun. I mean, GBRf has applied liveries to its 66s (large logo blue and BR green) that are not 'authentic'; there is no fundamental reason why LNER couldn't do likewise. I don't think they will, but that's not to stop others dreaming about what they think will look nice!

Aictos

Established Member
Not the original livery but a modern take on it, why you ask?

Because the original didn't have the red along the windscreen and the side window as you can see below:

The Original Design

91-publicity-Crewe-e1347806129948.jpg

LNER Remake

f1ca90ff-f438-4606-b6fb-f9b279a11db5-jpeg.55172

So if that is the finished product by LNER, I don't like it.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I asked about the red when the image first appeared. Consensus seemed to be that it just wasn't quite finished.

If it does come out with that red bit, it'll be a bit of a shame.

Then again we'll have some moaning that there's no GEC logo, or that the red stripe starts a few inches too far back, or something else minor!

sprinterguy

Established Member

Because the original didn't have the red along the windscreen and the side window as you can see below:
The revinyling or painting clearly wasn't finished at the time that photo was taken. Note also that the bodyside grilles and cab window frame hadn't been reliveried.

ash39

Established Member
WOWSERS - that looks pretty good! Thanks for sharing.

( warning paint wibble!)

Wow, I'm surprised to see you engage in anything paint related! ;)

The Original Design

91-publicity-Crewe-e1347806129948.jpg

LNER Remake

f1ca90ff-f438-4606-b6fb-f9b279a11db5-jpeg.55172

So if that is the finished product by LNER, I don't like it.

I don't think the explination and photos werer really necessary. It's clearly not finished!

57Tonic

Looks like it's time for that line up photo again, Azusa,225,125,deltic and flying Scotsman.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Looks like it's time for that line up photo again, Azusa,225,125,deltic and flying Scotsman.
I appreciate that it's highly unlikely that there would ever be a reoccurrence of this as you can't just go closing down a busy section of the East Coast main line willy nilly, but it could look quite effective if LNER could somehow 'borrow' 43002 from GWR (Though that power car could be becoming part of the national collection fairly soon), though that's even more than less than unlikely.

In fact it would be pleasing if all the current Swallow liveried stock could be brought together somewhere - 91119, 43185 and 47828, I'm not sure if there's currently a 37 in the livery and I'm discounting 50031 as being inauthentic, even though it does look fantastic - though I can't envisage an event that would bring them all together in the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.