• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Applications closed] LOROL Trainee Train Driver New Cross Gate (x18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeb85

I absolutely blew the lift floor test I just couldn't get my head around the tones but think I did okay on the others so don't think I passed but let's wait and see.
Took just over three hours.

What is a lift floor test if you don't mind me asking ??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Smallskis

You imagined you were In a lift and They played two different kind of tones and when you heard a particular one you had to count it and then that represented what floor you was on, I just didn't get and I'm sure I got most wrong.

joeb85

You imagined you were In a lift and They played two different kind of tones and when you heard a particular one you had to count it and then that represented what floor you was on, I just didn't get and I'm sure I got most wrong.

Have faith, in yourself.

Does sound like a strange test or the prep tests they gave us nothing can help with that.

Did they say when they will give you your reaults

Smallskis

Well I seemed to do okay in the rest of the tests so depending on how they look at it I might get through and the test in the practice was to listen for a word so yeah a lot different to what we practiced on.

The test was done by opc who mark it then let Lorol know the results so they did say it could take a couple of weeks.

Seaza

Got an email this afternoon with an invite to the second stage of the assessment centre, anyone else had any correspondence back from them or feedback from the tests?

Tibbins

Same here on the applied side of things still haven't heard anything guessing that's good thing tho.

Tibbins

Normally this means we done well on the app but not as well as others and are kept for backup just incase the first lot of people mess up there assessments.

abu-taz

Why would you get confused on the sound test?? Forget what the administrator says which is you going on a lift etc, thats just to get you confused, just focus on the two tones. When you heae the high tone, you count it... Simple as that.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just wanted to know, is lorols pass rate the same as OPC? I rencently passed all the test but messed up on the interview I think. Still waiting for feedback. Didnt meet C2C standards so im hoping i met OPC standards. Can any1 help?? Got lorol assesment coming up and hoping I dont need to w8 6 months after a definite answer from the OPC.

Seaza

Seaza when did you apply for this ? I applied on 13/03 and heard nothing yet ?

Sorry I've just seen your post. I applied for the position on 16th of March. Invite to assessment was the 2nd of April. 1st assessment was on the 13/4. Just waiting for the second assessment which is on the 6th of May.

Hope that clears up the time scales so far.

30 common

LOROL are very good with their recruitment. I applied Dec. 1st assessment Jan and 2nd in Feb. Interview then medical in March. Start date In May.

Seaza

Have you got any tips for the second assessment? The email states the following tests need to be completed on the day.

1)Trainability of Rules and Procedures
2) Reaction Tests
3) Criteria Based Interview
4) Personality Questionare

There wasn't a TRP completed in the 1st assessment day so i recon we will have to do part 1 and 2.

What do the reaction tests involve?

TrainRookie

I just checked my application I sent it in on the 23rd not the 13th so hopefully there still sifting some of the applications

Bobbybox

I'm the same does this mean if we don't here anything we can apply for a future recruitment

Seaza

Personally I would give them a call on the HR phone number and enquire and get some more information. I had to call them a few weeks ago for advice and they're really friendly.

joeb85

Personally I would give them a call on the HR phone number and enquire and get some more information. I had to call them a few weeks ago for advice and they're really friendly.

Congrats Seaza that's good news.

I got my assesment on 28th of this month hopefully be coming to 2nd stage also

Seaza

Congrats Seaza that's good news.

I got my assesment on 28th of this month hopefully be coming to 2nd stage also

Been practicing group bourdon enough that when you sleep all you see it's dots? The fault finding test is very similar to the practice examples.

Do you feel ready?

joeb85

Been practicing group bourdon enough that when you sleep all you see it's dots? The fault finding test is very similar to the practice examples.

Do you feel ready?

Hardest is thing is what am I going to get lol I've studied and it's now like how much more do I study will I end up confusing myself. I guess I will keep going over a few bits and taking my time with it alittle every other day.

How did you find the first assesment was it anything like the practice papers ???

Seaza

Group bourdon was 5 sheets with 2mins a sheet but the practice really helped. The lift test and telephone search was nothing like the practice paperwork, you will just have to see what it like on the day. Fault finding test was pretty much the same and the situational judgement test just felt like it lasted for ever (well it was 1hr 10mins long)

The second assessment seems just as hard, I'm struggling to find materials to practice with. Eeeeeeek

387star

On Moderation
Group bourdon was 5 sheets with 2mins a sheet but the practice really helped. The lift test and telephone search was nothing like the practice paperwork, you will just have to see what it like on the day. Fault finding test was pretty much the same and the situational judgement test just felt like it lasted for ever (well it was 1hr 10mins long)

The second assessment seems just as hard, I'm struggling to find materials to practice with. Eeeeeeek

This is a LOROL specific SJE in addition to the MMI SJE?

What did the VSE involve?

Seaza

I'm not too sure regarding the SJT, all I know is that it was really long. VSE?? Is that the search of the telephone directory for double shapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.