• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Britains Got Talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie babs

When I see this advertised I think of the song "please release me"

I am sick of seeing it in everything I look at, Magazines, TV, newspapers and on the Mail on line, its always there.

I think its one of the biggest loads of rubbish on the TV . :-x

As I am still unwell and not allowed to go out very often my fav programme that makes me smile, laugh and cheers me up is Gillette Soccer special at the weekends. Absolutely love it.:D

What do you all think about it on here.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
X Factor, GBT, Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity, The Voice (though not as bad) et al are all absolute mind-numbing, monotonous drivel.

I'm not in too often on weekends, but I prefer Final Score over SSN's overing.

SS4

Established Member
I think there is something fundamentally wrong about shows which set out to humiliate people for viewing figures. Make no mistake, Cowell only changed because he was getting his ass kicked in the ratings.

GB

Established Member
If I am honest, I do like parts of BGT. Though my interest in it starts to dwindle come the live shows...particialry when they purposely put people through who are useless, at the expense of someone that does have a bit of talent.

They put the keys and phone guy through for god sake! That says it all!

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
If I am honest, I do like parts of BGT. Though my interest in it starts to dwindle come the live shows...particialry when they purposely put people through who are useless, at the expense of someone that does have a bit of talent.

They put the keys and phone guy through for god sake! That says it all!

If you think that is bad, they have video auditions from these people before the judges see them live (for BGnT and X Fixtor). The TV people know how bad they are, but they also know people watch it for that.

You can guarantee in BGT, that in the final 40 (assuming it is still 40) they will have 10-12 'good acts' 15 or so medium acts and the rest poor (or a joke), which means they pretty much know the top ten before they get into the final, but bank on people voting them through so that the rubbish won't make it.

I also wonder if they will get one or two of the good acts to change what they are doing late on (this has happened in the last two series AIUI).

valenta

Absolute rubbish, whole show is totally staged and the format is predictable and boring.

VTPreston_Tez

I really like BGT, watching it now!
I want to see Mr. Zip at #1 on the charts soon, and The Mend to be a global hit.

newbie babs

Perhaps Ant & Dec, Simon, Amanda, Alesha and all those on BB, the Voice etc should be put on a desert island and we can vote for them to do tasks and live rough and see which one cracks first !!!

district

I can say that I know Rachel Knowland (and husband Will) personally as they were both employed by my school for a long period of time.

Heinz57

I quite like BGT and X-factor, there have been some brilliant performers on the show. And some god awful ones. One that springs to mind is that woman who tried stand up comedy on BGT last year, she wasn't funny so resorted to trying to tell a Peter Kay joke (garlic bread) but just died a horrible death.

I don't however like the Voice, its c**p. Stupid format, I'm amazed it even got commissioned. There is a lot more to a successful singing career than the voice. The only good thing about the show is Tom Jones and of course Holly Willoughbooby.

WestCoast

Established Member
I don't however like the Voice, its c**p. Stupid format, I'm amazed it even got commissioned. There is a lot more to a successful singing career than the voice. The only good thing about the show is Tom Jones and of course Holly Willoughbooby.

I am no great fan of any of those shows, but I have to disagree with this. It was commissioned because there is market for these shows, but Simon Cowell's tactics were turning viewers away. The format is stale. BGT and X-Factor are ridiculously contrived, so that only people they want to be auditioned end up doing so. It's basically Simon Cowell and his cronies taking the p**s out of people for entertainment and pre-selecting people they like (ideally with a sob story), regardless of how good they really are. All this is done before the "proper" audition.

From what little I have seen of the Voice, there was none of the crap acts who shout abuse at the audience. Not my favourite show, but marginally better than the others.

Last edited:

Masboroughlad

Established Member
I think there needs to be a new breed of TV shows. We need a new 'wow'!

Can we just have one star search on each channel? Or one reality show? One cooking show? One house buying/changing/ auctioning shows? NO, ABSOLUTELY NO Essex/Geordie type shows.

Just a new type of a show would be good!

SS4

Established Member
This farce has also messed about with corrie <(

Something new will not be here for a long term with budget constraints, they stick to what they know.

jon0844

Veteran Member
It's not just playing safe, but also keeping costs down.

Reality shows are cheap, and crap as they are (most if not all) we all secretly love car crash TV. We all pretend to hate them, but a lot of us must be secretly watching them.

richw

Veteran Member

I am no great fan of any of those shows, but I have to disagree with this. It was commissioned because there is market for these shows, but Simon Cowell's tactics were turning viewers away. The format is stale. BGT and X-Factor are ridiculously contrived, so that only people they want to be auditioned end up doing so. It's basically Simon Cowell and his cronies taking the p**s out of people for entertainment and pre-selecting people they like (ideally with a sob story), regardless of how good they really are. All this is done before the "proper" audition.

From what little I have seen of the Voice, there was none of the crap acts who shout abuse at the audience. Not my favourite show, but marginally better than the others.

A friend of a friend was rejected for x factor because she refused to make up a sob story,

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Ivo

Established Member
When I saw this thread I decided to ignore it at first. I've just decided to create an anti- talent/reality show thread, only to learn that this is this thread's purpose! Thank you Babs :)

These things are absolute drivel - at best. Too bad so much of the country (typically those one would not find on here because they lack the intelligence for such a sophisticated hobby <D) disagree...

The sooner these things are done away with the better. Very occasional things, maybe - but ~10 different examples per annum...

Holly Willoughbooby

There's always one :roll:

I really hate thread titles that lie :D

Very good :p

Heinz57

There's always one :roll:

I saw about 10 mins of The Voice on Sat and I was just mesmerised.

Don't think I was the only one though, Reggie Yates had the least suttle and most blatently obvious full on glance down there. On live telly.

I was there like 'Go Reg!' :lol:

Minilad

Established Member
I didn't realise Holly Willoughbooby was on it.
She would have to present it stark naked to make me want to watch this garbage though

richw

Veteran Member
Over half the acts tonight are not even British, defeats the britains got talent name

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I support Sam Kelly due to him being a local boy and student from a near by school :smile:

TP

jon0844

Veteran Member
I don't watch BGT now (and haven't for some time) but I did watch the first series and my claim to fame is knowing Paul Potts - as a long time member of a mobile phone forum I ran (when he still worked at Carphone Warehouse).

He still logs in from time to time (very rare now, mind) but has gone on to have an incredibly successful career - touring all over the world. To be honest though, he needn't have gone on this show for his talent to have been realised.

Smudger105e

I must admit, I like BGT, X Factor and The Apprentice. Don't think it's anything to be ashamed of!!

Haven't got into The Voice though.

And as for the soaps, I don't see the point, depressing stories.

LE Greys

Established Member
I must admit, I like BGT, X Factor and The Apprentice. Don't think it's anything to be ashamed of!!

Haven't got into The Voice though.

And as for the soaps, I don't see the point, depressing stories.

You think that's depressing, I'm going to spend half the summer watching Great Britain getting thrashed at practically every sport there is. Although I'm sure the Olympics can't be that bad! Otherwise, televisions come with off switches and VCRs come with play buttons.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
I love BGT, and apprentice. Must admit with the apprentice, no better feeling than watching a bunch of snobs argue. Its just like group work at uni. There faces the other day when they realised i come from a comprehensive school and went to an inner city college, it was a picture.

BGT brings out some truly wonderful people and restores my faith in humanity. Some of the contestants this year come across as truly wonderful people.

LE Greys

Established Member
Anyone remember Opportunity Knocks? I've heard of it, but have no idea if it was any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.