• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

December 2012 timetable changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle

Established Member
There'll be a fairly major shakeup on the Ayrshire lines. Also, ScotRail are introducing Dunbar services on Saturday, and upping the number of trains to Carstairs.

Details

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
There'll be a fairly major shakeup on the Ayrshire lines.

That just reminded me, from what I can gather from OTT, this is the new M-F off-peak timetable for Inverclyde (South):
xx00 Glasgow Ctl-Ayr xx53:
Kilwinning, Irvine, Barassie, Troon, Prestwick Airport, Prestwick Town and Newton-on-Ayr

xx04 Glasgow Ctl-Irvine xx46:
Paisley G St, Johnstone, Milliken Park, Howwood, Lochwinnoch, Glengarnock, Dalry and Kilwinning

xx18 Glasgow Ctl-Ardrossan Harbour xy02:
Paisley G St, Johnstone, Dalry*, Kilwinning, Stevenston, Saltcoats, Ardrossan South Beach and Ardrossan Town

xx30 Glasgow Ctl-Ayr xy17:
Kilwinning, Irvine, Troon, Prestwick Airport and Prestwick Town

xx34 Glasgow Ctl-Ayr xy36:
Paisley G St, Johnstone, Milliken Park, Howwood, Lochwinnoch, Glengarnock, Dalry, Kilwinning, Irvine, Barassie, Troon, Prestwick Airport, Prestwick Town and Newton-on-Ayr

xx48 Glasgow Ctl-Largs xy44:
Paisley G St, Johnstone, Glengarnock*, Kilwinning, Stevenston, Saltcoats, Ardrossan South Beach, West Kilbride and Fairlie

* - I think these stops may alternate with others, however I can't be sure.

kjhskj75

Another change on Northern is the diversion of the current hourly fast Rose Hill-Manchester Piccadilly via Bredbury service (which calls at Romiley only and from what I can gather is somewhat deserted and pointless) to run via Hyde Central. The new service calls at Gorton, Fairfield, Guide Bridge, Hyde Central, Woodley, Romiley and Rose Hill. This creates 4tph to / from Guide Bridge ex-Manchester, and 2tph for Hyde Central and Woodley. An interesting omission perhaps is Hyde North: from what I can gather here, Flowery Field on the nearby Hadfield line has taken away a lot of custom. It looks like the times at both ends have been tidied up too - they run at 29:31 minute intervals or thereabouts.

BOTH Gorton AND Fairfield.

Wow - People will be able to go from one to the other without changing.

bicbasher

Established Member
With the addition of the new Clapham Junction branch of the ELL, LOROL services from West Croydon terminate at Dalston Junction except for late evening services which will continue to terminate at Highbury and Islington in the northbound direction only.

The new ELL service from Clapham Junction to Highbury and Islington will run with 4tph. This brings the service on the ELL core to 16tph. This also replaces the Southern Inner South London line between London Bridge and Victoria.

telstarbox

Established Member
From December there will be trains 1 minute apart in the PTT, albeit on different platforms, between Canonbury and Highbury & Islington (eg 1157 to Richmond, 1158 terminating at H&I) - does this headway occur anywhere else on National Rail?

Eagle

Established Member
From December there will be trains 1 minute apart in the PTT, albeit on different platforms, between Canonbury and Highbury & Islington (eg 1157 to Richmond, 1158 terminating at H&I) - does this headway occur anywhere else on National Rail?

Numerous examples at Clapham Junction. (In both cases they're on separate tracks so it's no issue.)

A-driver

Established Member
In addition to the 12 car extensions on the GN they also have an additional 18 trains a day over the network so we are told although they havnt given details of what these are yet.

Just know its caused a bit if uproar as they are refusing to create new diagrams for them and just cramming them into existing ones. Expect delays across the route as there will be so many minimum pnbs which drivers will be claiming when their inward service is delayed by 3-4 mins!

The Planner

Veteran Member

Have you checked the WTT ? as they may not be 1 minute apart in that.

cjp

Doesn't seem hugely different. Is it dropping Bicester from the fast B'ham, which I think is fair enough.

AVP improvements are a good sign.

Depends of course if you want to get to Bicester:(

They do treat Bicester and Bicester village as something of a cash cow.
Within the last few weeks they upped the prices / changed tickets do that the off peak whizzo monthly return in either direction is costing as much as the same the ticket to Banbury. Or for me with a railcard +12%

And now they have plans to axe the off peak fast train's calling.

Hey the name of game is profits firsts in all the rail monopolies so I must grin and bare it:D

Oops - safety first then profits,:):)

Southern

Southern are introducing improved journey times to/from Victoria, with Sunday services finally being sped up between London - Croydon. 3tph to Brighton will now run, 2 of which do the journey in under an hour. Services between London Bridge - Tattenham Corner/West Croydon/Beckenham Junction are re-timed as well.

Southeastern are making changes to selected morning/evening HS1 services, removing the gaps between service for those travelling Ashford - Ebbsfleet. 1642 St Pancras - Margate via Canterbury West will now divide at Ashford, with the front portion continuing to Sandwich via Dover Priory. This means both Canterbury & Dover routes have 2tph from St Pancras between 1640 - 1910.

bicbasher

Established Member
Southern are introducing improved journey times to/from Victoria, with Sunday services finally being sped up between London - Croydon. 3tph to Brighton will now run, 2 of which do the journey in under an hour. Services between London Bridge - Tattenham Corner/West Croydon/Beckenham Junction are re-timed as well.

I take it the West Croydon and Beckenham Junction services via Tulse Hill are re-timed due to the new paths taken by London Overground over part of the line they share?

Southern

I take it the West Croydon and Beckenham Junction services via Tulse Hill are re-timed due to the new paths taken by London Overground over part of the line they share?

Yep:

West Croydon services will depart 8 mins earlier at xx10 & xx40
Beckenham Junction services will depart 8 mins earlier at xx25 & xx55

In addition, the Sunday service is retimed to arrive at East Croydon 6 mins earlier than today. This appears to be down to a quicker times between Streatham - Streatham Common and Selhurst - East Croydon. West Croydon via Sydenham becomes xx09 & xx39, while Tattenham Corner is xx24 & xx54.

John55

These trains are on separate parallel 2 track railways. So it isn't a 1 minute headway.

craigwilson

Southeastern are making changes to selected morning/evening HS1 services, removing the gaps between service for those travelling Ashford - Ebbsfleet. 1642 St Pancras - Margate via Canterbury West will now divide at Ashford, with the front portion continuing to Sandwich via Dover Priory. This means both Canterbury & Dover routes have 2tph from St Pancras between 1640 - 1910.

Additionally, Meopham and Longfield retain their two trains an hour from Ramsgate-Victoria during the off peak - not losing frequency as the initial consultation timetable seemed to indicate they would.

bicbasher

Established Member
Yep:

West Croydon services will depart 8 mins earlier at xx10 & xx40
Beckenham Junction services will depart 8 mins earlier at xx25 & xx55

Well at least that resolves some of the issues between Peckham Rye and London Bridge where gaps of service were set to be uneven after the SLL closure. This provides a 15 min service of 4tph.

greatkingrat

Established Member
Grand Central Dec changes are

1123 Kings Cross - Sunderland will terminate at Hartlepool
new 1253 Kings Cross - Sunderland service
new 1447 Hartlepool - Kings Cross service

SprinterMan

Established Member
From December, Greater Anglia will be introducing Advance ticketing on Clacton-On-Sea trains according to the trainline, with tickets starting from £8.
Adam :D

Ivo

Established Member
From December, Greater Anglia will be introducing Advance ticketing on Clacton-On-Sea trains according to the trainline, with tickets starting from £8.

Remind me to not take advantage of this "offer".

Seriously, why would they do that? What benefit could they possibly get from introducing Advances on a route such as Clacton? And what would happen come next Summer when the service becomes busy?

SprinterMan

Established Member
Remind me to not take advantage of this "offer".

Seriously, why would they do that? What benefit could they possibly get from introducing Advances on a route such as Clacton? And what would happen come next Summer when the service becomes busy?

picture.php

Here it is. I cannot see why they are doing this, but it is always nice to see innovations from a TOC.

SprinterMan

Established Member

Skimble19

Established Member
In addition to the 12 car extensions on the GN they also have an additional 18 trains a day over the network so we are told although they havnt given details of what these are yet.

Just know its caused a bit if uproar as they are refusing to create new diagrams for them and just cramming them into existing ones. Expect delays across the route as there will be so many minimum pnbs which drivers will be claiming when their inward service is delayed by 3-4 mins!
Hmm, I know the early morning service from HUN is being removed, certainly wasn't aware of any additional ones! Any idea if some will be from PBO?

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
I look forward to seing what ATW are planning for the december timetable change

No sign of the consultation documents yet, with only seven full weeks or so to the start of the new timetable, I await the Chester/Salop line section with great interest to see if the six bank hol cuts actually happen.ATW have been told by WG they have to consult, so not much time left

Bob

PR1Berske

Established Member
Do we know if there's any changes from Northern in Lancashire this December?

IanD

Established Member
No sign of the consultation documents yet, with only seven full weeks or so to the start of the new timetable, I await the Chester/Salop line section with great interest to see if the six bank hol cuts actually happen.ATW have been told by WG they have to consult, so not much time left

Bob

In the draft version of NRT table 75, the 0610 and 0700 Shrewsbury-Wrexham are BHX as is the 0807 Machynlleth-Aberystwyth and the 1821 Cardiff-Chester (2005 Shrewsbury). The 0715 Chester-Cardiff and 0749 Wrexham-Shrewsbury also BHX but there is an 0715 from Chester-Birmingham on 01/04 and 06/05, all stops to Shrewsbury combining the 2 services. 2049 Wrexham-Shrewsbury also BHX.

A-driver

Established Member
Hmm, I know the early morning service from HUN is being removed, certainly wasn't aware of any additional ones! Any idea if some will be from PBO?

Afraid I don't know anything about what they are. The diagrams havnt been released by ASLEF yet but should be out fairly soon once they have been scrutinised.

cle

Established Member
Have linespeeds been raised between London and East Croydon?

Any other journey time improvements in the new timetable?

Batman

Changes on the Chase Line.

Northbound off peak services will now depart Birmingham New Street at xx07 and Southbound services will depart Rugeley Trent Valley at xx39. I think this is to do with connection times with WCML services at Rugeley which are having a re-cast in December.

Also Landywood, Bloxwich North and Bloxwich lose a service to Birmingham in the morning peak. This should have the effect of making the already overcrowded 0739 Rugeley to Birmingham service even more overcrowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.