• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Trainee Driver Vacancies - Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunde

I got an email that I have been shortlisted, but the testing date in June is full, and they will invite me on the next round. I have passed the psychometric assessment with another TOC.
Did anyone receive similar email ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I have been invited on the 11th, it starts at 1pm (arrival 12.45) does anyone know roughly how long it will last if I make it through the day!

monkeyskillz

I have been invited on the 11th, it starts at 1pm (arrival 12.45) does anyone know roughly how long it will last if I make it through the day!

I would say between 2-3& and a half hours depending on the size of the group and how many people have questions / need clarification from OPC staff.
I may get corrected here, but on my stage one they didn’t mark your scores after each assessment you just do the whole lot and the OPC take the answer sheets away and then let the TOC know the results. The TOC then notifies you.
Stage 2 OPC stuff on the computers is where you’re marked after each assessment and if you fail one that’s the end of your day then.
Hopefully that makes sense?! Lol. Good luck with it.

I would say between 2-3& and a half hours depending on the size of the group and how many people have questions / need clarification from OPC staff.
I may get corrected here, but on my stage one they didn’t mark your scores after each assessment you just do the whole lot and the OPC take the answer sheets away and then let the TOC know the results. The TOC then notifies you.
Stage 2 OPC stuff on the computers is where you’re marked after each assessment and if you fail one that’s the end of your day then.
Hopefully that makes sense?! Lol. Good luck with it.
Ok thanks, I accepted the invitation but was expecting a confirmation email, did you get one at all? Thanks

TGreen

Best of luck. Will take a couple of hours. Will be set out like a school exam. Complete all the assessments and then head off home and wait for the results.

monkeyskillz

Ok thanks, I accepted the invitation but was expecting a confirmation email, did you get one at all? Thanks

My email started “Hi Laura”. I’m a dude. I’ve sent an email back but really I’m hoping they check my previous assessments with The OPC and that the scores I have banked meet their enhanced standard so I wouldn’t need to do them again. I haven’t accepted via the link for this reason and I’m hoping Marie emails me early next week to confirm.

Failing that has anyone actually got a Tel number for Marie or her department?

My email started “Hi Laura”. I’m a dude. I’ve sent an email back but really I’m hoping they check my previous assessments with The OPC and that the scores I have banked meet their enhanced standard so I wouldn’t need to do them again. I haven’t accepted via the link for this reason and I’m hoping Marie emails me early next week to confirm.

Failing that has anyone actually got a Tel number for Marie or her department?
I have emailed Marie to confirm and she is out of office for a couple of weeks. It does give someone else's details though.
Has anyone been through the speed interviews? If so how do they work?

Thanks

Dynamonic

I have emailed Marie to confirm and she is out of office for a couple of weeks. It does give someone else's details though.
Has anyone been through the speed interviews? If so how do they work?

Thanks

You line up outside a room and every 60 seconds, a horn blows, and one of you enters.
You sit down at the first table which has a Driver Manager (DM) sat at it, telling them your name when you sit down. They will ask you a question and you have to answer it as best as you can within a 60 second time limit. When you hear a horn blow, you stand up and move to the next DM who will ask you another question. You’ll sit down with about 3 DM’s in all. After the last one, you just walk out the room on the other side into a waiting area and are sent home shortly after.

It’s very quick, and very intense, and the DM won’t say anything at all after they ask the question. They’ll just take notes.

You line up outside a room and every 60 seconds, a horn blows, and one of you enters.
You sit down at the first table which has a Driver Manager (DM) sat at it, telling them your name when you sit down. They will ask you a question and you have to answer it as best as you can within a 60 second time limit. When you hear a horn blow, you stand up and move to the next DM who will ask you another question. You’ll sit down with about 3 DM’s in all. After the last one, you just walk out the room on the other side into a waiting area and are sent home shortly after.

It’s very quick, and very intense, and the DM won’t say anything at all after they ask the question. They’ll just take notes.
Thank you for your reply, I have been self employed most of my working life so dont have any experience in interviews. I have read through the driver depot thread to get a few tips. If you dont mind me asking are the questions about the company or yourself such as how you would react in a situation etc?

Bagnall

Received an email saying I’ve been shortlisted for the post! Best of luck to everyone else who is still waiting.

Be more than happy to send my application over to anyone who wants to see it.

Only just joined the forum. Looking to get involved in any future recruitment opportunities for EMT. Would appreciate viewing a successful application if your happy to share?

How often are the recruitment campaigns? I’m based in Nottingham. So is it only really EMT I should be looking at?

TGreen

Only just joined the forum. Looking to get involved in any future recruitment opportunities for EMT. Would appreciate viewing a successful application if your happy to share?

How often are the recruitment campaigns? I’m based in Nottingham. So is it only really EMT I should be looking at?

I’m not sure how often EMT recruit. Some railway companies say they only accept candidates who live 60/90 minutes away from where the vacancy is. Others, like EMT, are happy for candidates to be willing to relocate.

Dynamonic

Hi Bagnall,

EMT typically recruit annually for Trainee Drivers, but with the franchise changing in August, and the current Talent Pools filling up, it might be a while before vacancies come up again.
EMT have depots local to you in Nottingham and Derby, and if you're interested in being based at one of them, you need to keep your eyes peeled for 'Trainee Depot Driver' vacancies. EMT currently recruit all new trainee drivers at these depots as Depot Drivers, and then you naturally progress into a passenger driving role from there. Here is a link to the dedicated EMT Depot Driver thread, which you should hopefully find useful.

Yellowbelly

Hi. Been accepted to stage one but was told by email that if I didn’t need to do the tests I would be informed next week and would progress to stage 2. However, I had an email this morning saying I hadn’t responded to previous email for an interview accept or decline. With it being Sunday I panicked a little and pressed accept. Anyone any help with this? I’ve already sat and passed all but one of the stage one psychometric tests.

monkeyskillz

Hi. Been accepted to stage one but was told by email that if I didn’t need to do the tests I would be informed next week and would progress to stage 2. However, I had an email this morning saying I hadn’t responded to previous email for an interview accept or decline. With it being Sunday I panicked a little and pressed accept. Anyone any help with this? I’ve already sat and passed all but one of the stage one psychometric tests.

I’m in the same situation with the added confusion that they keep addressing me as “Laura”. I don’t know whether to accept the link or not. I tried emailing Marie back after the first email but no response and @BenjaminButton has said she’s out of the office for a couple of weeks. I really want to ring the recruitment team to sort this out but can’t find a tel number anywhere.

LCC106

Established Member
I’m in the same situation with the added confusion that they keep addressing me as “Laura”. I don’t know whether to accept the link or not. I tried emailing Marie back after the first email but no response and @BenjaminButton has said she’s out of the office for a couple of weeks. I really want to ring the recruitment team to sort this out but can’t find a tel number anywhere.
Have you tried Vibha? Address on this link. https://careers.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/display.aspx?id=1354&pid=0

Yellowbelly

I accepted the interview email. I will email the person at that link and hopefully some stage tomorrow I will get a reply

Yellowbelly

Did you manage to get contact details for [name redacted]?

monkeyskillz

Saw that email for customer experience roles and Marie was for driving roles but sent an email explaining my situation anyway.

I accepted the interview email. I will email the person at that link and hopefully some stage tomorrow I will get a reply

Who was in that link? I haven’t accepted it as yet as there’s potentially me and this “Laura” that they’ve got mixed up. I’m hoping someone gets back to me tomorrow or I can speak with them would be easiest.

Did you manage to get contact details for [name redacted]?

Haven’t come across that name before. Does she work for EMT recruitment too?

Yellowbelly

Saw that email for customer experience roles and Marie was for driving roles but sent an email explaining my situation anyway.

Who was in that link? I haven’t accepted it as yet as there’s potentially me and this “Laura” that they’ve got mixed up. I’m hoping someone gets back to me tomorrow or I can speak with them would be easiest.

Haven’t come across that name before. Does she work for EMT recruitment too?
The link previously posted links straight to her name.

monkeyskillz

The link previously posted links straight to her name.

If you are talking about the link from LCC106 it’s says Vibha is for customer experience roles and Marie is for driver roles. I’ve emailed both.

If you’re saying there was a link posted for Irene I’ve obviously missed it!

Cheers.

Yellowbelly

If you are talking about the link from LCC106 it’s says Vibha is for customer experience roles and Marie is for driver roles. I’ve emailed both.

If you’re saying there was a link posted for Irene I’ve obviously missed it!

Cheers.
Sorry my mistake. The generic email sent to people that email Marie get that name to message but with no contact details.

Dynamonic

Irene does a lot of the onboarding stuff if you’re offered the role. You’ll normally be invited in for a meeting with her before your start date where she’ll go through all the employee benefits such as staff travel, orders your uniform and answers any questions you may have. :)

Yellowbelly

Irene does a lot of the onboarding stuff if you’re offered the role. You’ll normally be invited in for a meeting with her before your start date where she’ll go through all the employee benefits such as staff travel, orders your uniform and answers any questions you may have. :)
Thank you. Have you got an email? There is just her name?

Bagnall

Hi Bagnall,

EMT typically recruit annually for Trainee Drivers, but with the franchise changing in August, and the current Talent Pools filling up, it might be a while before vacancies come up again.
EMT have depots local to you in Nottingham and Derby, and if you're interested in being based at one of them, you need to keep your eyes peeled for 'Trainee Depot Driver' vacancies. EMT currently recruit all new trainee drivers at these depots as Depot Drivers, and then you naturally progress into a passenger driving role from there. Here is a link to the dedicated EMT Depot Driver thread, which you should hopefully find useful.

Thank you. I will keep my eyes peeled. Are the mainline trainee posts not available at Notts/Derby? Or rarely advertised?

If anyone can pm me details about the roles at Depot and passenger driver roles. Ie. Shift pattern, salary, time and path for progression etc it would be much appreciated.

John 212

Hello everyone

I've also been invited to a interview I have passed all my assesments with GTR about 2 months ago. Any ideas if this would be a DMI?

Yellowbelly

Hello everyone

I've also been invited to a interview I have passed all my assesments with GTR about 2 months ago. Any ideas if this would be a DMI?
There seems to be a bit of confusion. I sat the tests with EMT in October last year and passed all but one. On this intake I passed the sift and recieved an email saying congrats we will be in touch, I then recieved another email saying the tests are on Tuesday 11th June, don’t do anything we will be in touch this week to see if you need to re sit the tests at stage one, I then get a further email yesterday saying you haven’t responded to your interview email yes or no? I panicked and put yes and all it replied was great see you there!

I’ve been trying to email relevant people and have heard nothing back so far. I’m trying to get numbers to call but so far there’s only emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.