• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Goodbye to batchelorisim and hello Crompton Karl the Married Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crompton Karl

On monday i will be signing my life away to the woman i have loved for 7 years. Any of you who have met me in the past will know my lovely Partner Tracey - she even likes trains too :) - well on Monday at 13:30 we will finally be getting married. We have been together for 7 years now and only haven't got married before as Tracey was going through University.

So i wanted to say goodbye (only for a month) as Tracey and I leave the next day to go on a Cruise from the Med to the Caribbean. We will be so busy tomorrow that i probably will only be able to snatch 5 mins to get online and check the forum - so untill the next time i log on (as a married man) i wish you all love and happiness.

Karl :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mrcheek

Established Member
you found a woman that likes trains and it took you 7 years to get around to marriage?!?!!!???!?

Death

Established Member
On monday i will be signing my life away to the woman i have loved for 7 years. Any of you who have met me in the past will know my lovely Partner Tracey - she even likes trains too :) - well on Monday at 13:30 we will finally be getting married.
My congratulations unto the both of ye, Karl! Here's hoping that it all goes well, and that thy train to the church runs on time that day! :grin:8)<D

you found a woman that likes trains and it took you 7 years to get around to marriage?!?!!!???!?
I can't say for sure, but - As they are a "railway" couple - I would hazard a guess that they might've asked BR to organise the wedding... :shock::lol::razz:

Phoenix

Established Member
Good luck mate and hope you have a world of happienes by the way how do you turn her to trains as my girlfriend is a none beliver and it's been two years and nothing.

Crompton Karl

"Use the ways of the force luke"

Honestly, there was nothing i did, she just grew to like them - Her favorite locos are class 37's cause they have big noses :) Always found that cute :)

Mintona

Established Member
Best of luck with it all. I've never met you, but you have always seemed like one of the nicer folks on this forum. So I wish you a joyous married life :)

Pumbaa

Established Member
Aye - nice to know such a cheerful forum member has found happiness in marriage! Bets of luck Karl :)

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll be very happy together! :)

me123

Established Member
Congratulations Karl; hope the two of you are happy together :D

EE Type 3

Established Member
All the best matey, and if you actually do have some tips on how to convert the other half, I think most of us would be eager to know :lol:

I wish you well with everything :)

Dave

Coxster

Established Member
Good luck to you both (and enjoy the cruise!) :)

Last edited:

mbonwick

Established Member
Some suggestions for songs (all by Chris de Burgh, I know you like him as much as I do!)

In Love Forever
I Had the Love In My Eyes
You and Me
Suddenly Love
All the Love I Have Inside
The Ballroom of Romance
The Words I Love You
She Means Everything to Me

and, of course...
The Lady in Red

Crompton Karl

Some suggestions for songs (all by Chris de Burgh, I know you like him as much as I do!)

In Love Forever
I Had the Love In My Eyes
You and Me
Suddenly Love
All the Love I Have Inside
The Ballroom of Romance
The Words I Love You
She Means Everything to Me

and, of course...
The Lady in Red

All classy songs there, but especially Suddenly Love - one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Thanks for all your kind words, The cruise is with Ocean Village - of which i am looking forward too. The ships has t'internet so i might be able to pop online for a few seconds and say hi while i'm away. Anyways, i'm off to bed as i have a big day tomorrow :) Peace and Love everyone.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Congrats Karl and Tracey :)

Mintona

Established Member
All classy songs there, but especially Suddenly Love - one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Thanks for all your kind words, The cruise is with Ocean Village - of which i am looking forward too. The ships has t'internet so i might be able to pop online for a few seconds and say hi while i'm away. Anyways, i'm off to bed as i have a big day tomorrow :) Peace and Love everyone.

Just don't spend your wedding night on here with us ! :lol:

Crompton Karl

Just don't spend your wedding night on here with us ! :lol:

Lol, Absolutely no chance of that, more important things to do ;)

Oh well, its just past 5am and i have woken up early in a cold sweat wondering if i have filled in all the forms correctly? Does everyone know where they are going? Will the cars arrive on time?

People said are you nervous? My answer has always been "No". And even though I have woken up at Silly o'clock with my mind going 20 to the dozen i still feel no nerves. How could i be nervous about marrying the woman i have loved for 7 years?

So the other questions were..... Are you excited? and Are you worried? The answer is "Oh Hell Yeah!" (as the Great Philosopher Stone Cold Steve Austin once said! :lol: ) Excited because this is what i've always wanted and its happening today! Worried for the reasons i have woken up at 5am listed above :)

Oh well, gonna have a browse of the forum for a bit and try to get back to sleep. So as the Great Ringo Starr once said "Peace and Love, Peace and Love"

34067James

Well Congratulations Karl & Tracey 8-) hope its going well shame about the weather :) Enjoy the cruise I hear that Ocean village are very good.

All the best in your married life.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.