• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon1993

Can I ask those that are in the external waiting list - who have been told they have passed everything but waiting for a start date
Have you been signed up - guaranteed a job - at some point ?

Guess there might be another physical or crb check whatever it’s called nowadays

I have passed the first day and waiting to hear late Jan how the land lies

It interests me the status of those that have ‘got through the process’

I hope to get a chance to get to stage two etc and get through - totally recognise there is a lag at the moment but wonder what assurances have been given to those waiting

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mikel

Can I ask those that are in the external waiting list - who have been told they have passed everything but waiting for a start date
Have you been signed up - guaranteed a job - at some point ?

Guess there might be another physical or crb check whatever it’s called nowadays

I have passed the first day and waiting to hear late Jan how the land lies

It interests me the status of those that have ‘got through the process’

I hope to get a chance to get to stage two etc and get through - totally recognise there is a lag at the moment but wonder what assurances have been given to those waiting
Your only guaranteed the offer. There is a waiting list for training dates that wont be starting this year. Maybe next year summer some training spots will become available

philthetube

Established Member
I guess maybe they're waiting for the completion of the 4LM project so they can bring night tube to SSL, they'll need loads more train ops then.

There are quite a lot of additional drivers currently employed to cover training.

This will slow movement from night tube drivers to full time when nights start.

This will be a few years off however.

KCJones

Number of Night Tube Ops at present from a recent FOI, going to need a lot to move on to use up the internal & external waiting list

As of the end of Period Seven - 14 October 2018, which is the most recent reporting period we have available, a total of 225 Night Tube Train Operators are working on the following London Underground lines:

London Underground Line Number of Employees
Victoria 27
Central 40
Jubilee 40
Northern 58
Piccadilly 60

Halfway Boy

About 25-30 of the drivers on the Piccadilly will be eligible to go “full time” at various dates from the end of December into January and February.

RustyB

We are so sorry for the delays and thank you for your patience whilst we wait for training slots to become available. We appreciate how frustrating it is to wait for so long on the Night Tube Train Operator waitlist.

We don’t foresee any training courses arising in the next 6 months but will be committed to ensuring that you receive regular updates and messages from us.

You do not need to contact us for now, we will be in touch when training slots become available.

Once again please accept our apologies for the long wait for a training course. Rest assured we will be in touch just as soon as we are able. If you have in the meantime obtained employment elsewhere and are no longer interested in this role, please respond to this email and we will close your application.

The wait continues

Last edited by a moderator:

jellybabyj

Got a email today saying least 6 month wait till
Training date gd job I have a stable job and not just left my job

KCJones

Got a email today saying least 6 month wait till
Training date gd job I have a stable job and not just left my job

Same here I reckon it'll be longer they've got an internals list too.
My present job is ok and the money is good so no rush now.
shame as it's a year since getting offered the job and was looking forward to it.

yasin afini

I had a start date in Febuary 2018, unfortunately through the medical they found some blood in my urine. Had it checked by the GP and turns out I had a kidney stone and had to have it removed before commencing training. Found all this out a week prior to start date. I had left my old job, so in a bit of a pickle. Praying somehow training dates become available sooner!!

jellybabyj

Well I just spoke to pat at recuitment
There is no external training for at least a year due to the amount of internals going for the role and ppl not moving on from nt

KCJones

Well I just spoke to pat at recuitment
There is no external training for at least a year due to the amount of internals going for the role and ppl not moving on from nt

Thanks for letting us know, so dissapointing though I'll be thinking of retiring before I even start !

jellybabyj

Yer it is a shame lucky I only 31 and have a stable job so I in no rush so can just have this on running along in the background

Jon1993

Has there been an end of Jan email update? I see my submission has been ‘updated’ on Jan 25th - I don’t want to harass the recruitment guys

Mikel

What a joke........totally pissed me right off

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190204-155522_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190204-155522_Gmail.jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 145

yasin afini

I can't believe it's gonna be another 12 months. I wonder how many external applicants they have on the waitlist, why did they offer the roles if they already had enough drivers. Sick to the stomach right now.

Jimbo12345

It’s frustrating for us current NT operators - we assumed you guys would come online and we would go full time. TfL are now saying to prepare for 2-4 years PT before FT roles become available for us...I not sure i can handle 8 weekends off a year for the next 3 years approx

Unknockable

It’s frustrating for us current NT operators - we assumed you guys would come online and we would go full time. TfL are now saying to prepare for 2-4 years PT before FT roles become available for us...I not sure i can handle 8 weekends off a year for the next 3 years approx
Jesus christ, that's completely insane. Its like a domino effect. Thats a long time to commit to weekends. To keep you afloat mentally just remember you have a dream job millions will die for, gotta hang in there.

Jellytots898

I agree with this I know we are incredibly lucky to have this role but the weekend work is soo draining and to only have 8 weekends off a year is harsh.

RJ

Established Member
I agree with this I know we are incredibly lucky to have this role but the weekend work is soo draining and to only have 8 weekends off a year is harsh.

8 weeks of leave a year is quite generous given the role was advertised as and contracted for weekend nights on a permanent basis! The legal minimum is 5.6 weeks a year.

Jellytots898

8 weeks of leave a year is quite generous given the role was advertised as and contracted for weekend nights on a permanent basis!

Understandable but given that we were also told 12-18months for full time to being told closer to 3-4 years makes a difference. Again not complaining about the job I have it's just frustrating being told one thing to then be told another.

baz962

Established Member

Why are weekends more draining than weekdays. Plus you only do two day's a week for a full time salary.

bionic

Night Tube drivers don't get a full time salary, it's pro-rata. If they got a full time salary for two nights a week why would they all be desperate to go onto a five day week?
Why are weekends more draining than weekdays. Plus you only do two day's a week for a full time salary.

baz962

Established Member
Night Tube drivers don't get a full time salary, it's pro-rata. If they got a full time salary for two nights a week why would they all be desperate to go onto a five day week?

Sorry , didn't explain properly. A full time salary for most other people , not for a train op.

Status
Not open for further replies.