• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mileage Competition 2010

Should mileage accumulated whilst doing volunteer work (ie Preserved Lines) count?

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
After the 500-odd from yesterday I now have over 7,000mi to my credit :)

Currently sit 10th; but very close to those either side of me.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
A trip along the Cwbran (sp?) Coast last weekend adds a little more to my total. Trips to London and Swanwick coming up in the coming weeks :)

theblackwatch

Established Member
Another update taking into account my 1614 miles in Bulgaria over the past week (including over 700 miles behind Class 87s).

Established Member
Just started working out my mileage (kilometreage) from the past three weeks, currently up to just over 16,678 (miles) but there is lots more to come. I wouldn't normally mention it in the thread, but thought it best in case somebody queries my figure going up in leaps and bounds over a short period of time.

Picked up a good few miles with my scotland trip last weekend, combind with a North East Rover, of which last day was today. Cumbria on Monday for what could be my last bash on the flood-ex before they finish at the end of the month.

455driver

Veteran Member
I have probably got 7000ish, is it too late to join in. I do have full records of all trips although the actual milage will need to be worked out, should keep me busy for a few hours.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
455driver - IIRC. I don't believe that miles covered when working on the train count, post one does say that it is for Leisure or Commuting purposes only...

Mileage since 1st January 2010 until 31st December 2010 only. Mileage for leisure or commuting purposes only.

My interpretation is that does include the above.

Some one confirm please.

----

EDIT = Confirmed by Jordy via Instant Messaging, :)

Last edited:

455driver

Veteran Member
Oh I read all that before posting, it isnt work related (dont drive unfortunately :cry:), all leisure or commuting miles, mainly leisure.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Sorry - Just assumed you were a driver by your username...

Just thought I better highlight the fact to keep it fair!

Sorry Again. ;)

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Just scraped back into the top 10 - sure it won't be for long unless I get round to working out all my underground miles to add on... Another 203 miles'll be going on on Thursday.

Last edited:

gordonthemoron

Established Member
got a free first class return from Munich-Hannover yesterday (due to my bahncard points total), that'll be another 789 miles in July/August

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Anyone know a good place to get mileage for Poland (mostly in and around Warsaw)?

Sadly I'm not getting the train *to* Poland as that would help my mileages rather more! (unless the volcano has another go next month).

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Currently sitting on 6,195m06c, thanks to a return trip via Reading to Hereford recently. Shall be making such a trip again in a couple of weeks too, if all goes well. Which given the news I've just received, means I'll probably have to get an Explorer and put up with the buses instead. Planned GC bash now postponed again, but at least I'm 15th as of earlier this afternoon. Roll on the top 10 at the end of the year <D

Jordy

Established Member
I've finally topped 10,000 after a day out yesterday. Not much mileage planned until the end of the month, mainly preserved (local) stuff. However, going to Pwllheli at the end of the month, and then hoping to do a 7 day rover which should boost things a good bit!

Ivo

Established Member
Currently sitting on 6,195m06c, thanks to a return trip via Reading to Hereford recently. Shall be making such a trip again in a couple of weeks too, if all goes well. Which given the news I've just received, means I'll probably have to get an Explorer and put up with the buses instead. Planned GC bash now postponed again, but at least I'm 15th as of earlier this afternoon. Roll on the top 10 at the end of the year <D

Is this going to become a Battle for the West? :D

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster

Thats Odd - The Post Says One Mileage and your Sig says another!

Just to Let Ya know :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.