• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mileage Competition 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcd

Can anyone tell me what to put in RME to get Bank to London Bridge on the Northern Line please. Or just give the miles and chains. It used to be easy but now autocomplete doesn't work it is somewhat harder.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Bank (Northern, LUL), London Bridge (Northern, LUL) - its 45 chains :smile:

dcd

Thanks very much.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
How about Waterloo to Stratford onJubilee line please. Oh for when RME is fixed.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
8m 38ch - Waterloo (Jubilee, LUL), Southwark (LUL), London Bridge (Jubilee, LUL), Bermondsey (LUL), Canada Water (Jubilee, LUL), Canary Wharf (LUL), North Greenwich (LUL), Canning Town (LUL), West Ham (Jubilee, LUL), Stratford (Jubilee, LUL)

Ivo

Established Member
Something must be seriously wrong. My total for 2013 is

STILL 0mi 0ch!!!

Blasted Uni work. And given all the stuff I've done for First of late (see this post for details), they could at least give me a free journey to Severn Beach and back. I know Somerset & Avon are a bus operator but a £4.70 return (w/YP) isn't exactly asking a lot - especially when if they paid me minimum wage I would be on as near as makes no difference £200!

I haven't even bothered setting up my annual spreadsheet yet :|

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
Just staggered up to 969 miles after last week's trip to the North East.

Won't make much difference overall, but does anyone know the gronk mileage for the shuttles at the NRM last weekend?

starrymarkb

Established Member
5 miles on LUL (which I am dubious about, using the FOI link Victoria to South Kensington via Green Park came out as 8km!)

Also way too many miles on a coach!

Trainfan344

Established Member
Well, I was intending to go but have changed my mind now I have found out that it is a replacement bus service from Norwich. The two new locos I was after will have to wait!

It's a fiver on the Konectbus service number 2 from Norwich to Sherringham for a return ticket, and it drops you off outside the NNR station.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
5 miles on LUL (which I am dubious about, using the FOI link Victoria to South Kensington via Green Park came out as 8km!)

The Inter station database released under FoI shows Victoria to Green Park (Vic line) as 1.09km (or 54 chains) and Green Park to South Kensington (Pic line) as 2.79km (or 1 mile 59 chains). Therefore the total for this journey is 2 miles 33 chains.

Not sure where the 8km / 5 miles has come from.

starrymarkb

Established Member
The Inter station database released under FoI shows Victoria to Green Park (Vic line) as 1.09km (or 54 chains) and Green Park to South Kensington (Pic line) as 2.79km (or 1 mile 59 chains). Therefore the total for this journey is 2 miles 33 chains.

Not sure where the 8km / 5 miles has come from.

I think I miscalculated (I used the HTML view and it rendered the PDF strangly), I managed to get Railmiles to work (Green Park was the problem, for Piccadilly you have to put "Green Park (LUL)" rather then "Green Park (Piccadilly, LUL)" as for the other lines) and have 3 miles (I round up as I don't keep full records with decimals)

dcd

Thanks again
I have a few more after yesterday's outing. Got some to work but these fail me.

Bank to Kings Cross (Northern Line)
Kings Cross to East Finchley
Woodside Park to Kentish Town
Kentish Town to Mill Hill Broadway
Mill Hill Broadway to Blackfriars.

I wish I knew how to specify these things correctly, it does not seem obvious- well not to me anyway.

Thanks in advance for any help.

High Dyke

Established Member
Without specific routes here is the appproximate details:

Bank to Kings Cross (Northern Line) 2m 56ch
Kings Cross to East Finchley 5m 21ch
Woodside Park to Kentish Town 5m 74ch
Kentish Town to Mill Hill Broadway 7mi 66ch
Mill Hill Broadway to Blackfriars. 11mi 10ch

dcd

Thanks

FYI
Kings Cross to East Finchley direct Northern line
Woodside Park to Kentish Town direct Northern Line
The Rest was direct FCC

Established Member
It's a fiver on the Konectbus service number 2 from Norwich to Sherringham for a return ticket, and it drops you off outside the NNR station.
Thanks for the info, I went to Matlock instead and got two new locos there. Will probably visit the NNR later in the year when the trains are running, I am not a fan of road travel and tend to avoid it if possible.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Expect my total to reach for the sky somewhat when I finish processing my mileages from the continent :D

*Hopes someone can help with some the mileage from Belgium and Luxembourg*

Trainfan344

Established Member
I managed to rack up 47 miles yesterday at the North Norfolk Railway, taking my total up to the mind boggling figure of 78 miles.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Wooo! After much looking around on the Dutch Wikipedia (why the pages can't be on the English one I have no idea) and use of a kilometre to miles converter, my mileage (excluding Metro/tram mileage, might have a look on a foreign Wikipedia for that too!) stands at 3,596 miles. Which has taken me to 12th place, not bad at all!

More mileage due soon with a trip to the Netherlands again next month :D

dcd

Added 660 yesterday on the Scenic (Un)Settler tour. It would have been more had the tour done the Settle and Carlisle not been closed due to Snow drifting and Icicles in tunnels.

Ivo

Established Member
My first mileage of 2013 is finally approaching :lol:

Will give me a boost of about 150mi. Not too much, but still 150m than before!

Trainfan344

Established Member
This weekend, I managed just over a mile at the East Anglia Transport Museum working on the Trams.

gnolife

Established Member
My mileage has pretty much stalled after a really good start - I'm waiting for London Midland to send me some vouchers (for a delay during the January snow). I do, however, have a Cheshire Day Ranger planned for 1st April, leaving home at about 04:15 for the first train off MIA, and getting back home about 00:30 from the last train off MIA. I will be stopping off in Chester for 4 hours or so in the middle of the day (I get to CTR at 13:45, and leave at 17:45). In this, I get the Ellesmere Port - Helsby line done (provided that I can rely on the Wirral line)

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
This weekend, I managed just over a mile at the East Anglia Transport Museum working on the Trams.
Being pedantic, but it was concluded a few years back that voluntary work on preserved lines does not count towards this competition. ;)

TP

D6975

Established Member
Anyone got the mileages for the Blackpool Trams?

I've just done a week up North West and have clocked up 2112 miles heavy rail plus some Manchester and Blackpool tram miles that I haven't worked out yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.