• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Train Driver Old Oak Common

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twedds74

First day , 9-3 ish if successful at each stage, then day 2 just half a day, for computer tests and mmi, then 3rd day dmi if not done on 2nd stage day.

If your not fussed too much about the job, call and cancel your place and give someone else a chance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scarfacefama

thanks for the help guys. I passed all week making my research about the company I hope is enough to satisfy the managers. I will follow your advices, once again thanks for the tips.

csa Pat

Hi there, I am in Portugal now on holiday. Did you manage to get any information from your post? Let me know if you need any further help with the interview

d3160y

Yes, yes, yes and yes. Go dressed smart.

What have you got to lose from not wearing a suit?

Nothing Actually
Only your dreamed 55K job...that is for sure...lol
I was in a truck suit and old trainers...they were so shocked that gave me the job immediately!

I know we are not suppose to judge a book by its cover, however when it comes to job interviews/assessments, the first impressions are still vital i.e.the depot manager who happen to walk pass the reception might just remember your face since you turned up for your 1st assessment day in an England jersey and made up his/her mind that you are not taking this application seriously. Its doesn't make a very favorable start to your train career now does it? Its might not matter ultimately but its not a gamble i would personally take. Just my 2 cents

Cheers for your opinion I've took it seriously and I think suit give me boost of confidence ;) .

Can't say I've done well on the assessment as I haven't meet MTR standards on TRP1 :roll: , I was told I was very close but not close enough. Shame, but definitely will try again in 6 months :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just seen this thread. I am going for assessment in east end tomorrow, following successful completion of online tests etc. The thing says it takes all day (9-5) .. Is this realistic? Seems like a long time. What is everyone else's experience ?

What's the next stage if successful ? How many more of these do I have to go to ?

I am not too worried if I get through or not as I am not sure if I would take the job if offered, as it would involve a huge pay cut for me for the initial training stage.

Thanks

Did you get through ? Looks like we attended same assessment.:)

Haider

Tomorrow I am going to drive again my lovely new Mercedes bus at ever greatest Hounslow and provide my exceptional customer service of course!
As I said: Viva London bus drivers!

Well done Drazky, what route u on?

Wireman

Congratulations scarfacefama on getting to the interviews! as a fellow portuguese it makes me proud! I'm going to my first assessment in April!

scarfacefama

thank you wireman and good luck for the assessment. if you need help with something just let me know.

potato

Obviously many people follow the idea not to prepared themselves for the tests /not to have a lot of practice/ and here the resalts!
In practice material is very clear said the practice make it perfect!
So guys do your home work if you want to become train drivers or.....demand for bus drivers is very big and constant!:D

I followed your advice to print off the GBT sheets and practice 5 sheets a day, it really helped.

sfxdude

Just finished the second assessment centre, passed. In a bit of a shock! Another SJT to do before the final line manager interview.

Didn't do nearly as much prep for this day - felt that the joystick test and the image flashing up on screen test were a lot harder than expected.

Good luck to all - I left before the final guy (Sam ) was out but well done to Joel and the other guy who passed today. Time to do some MTR research ...

iWantIn

Let's keep this thread alive...what's the latest from those of you who have had assessments or DMI's?

Has anyone got assessments in may?

driver007

Let's keep this thread alive...what's the latest from those of you who have had assessments or DMI's?

Has anyone got assessments in may?

Passed my 2nd day :) (Computer test and MMI) Two days ago, we were 6 gents all passed
filled the OTDPQ online, how long do I need to wait before they give me date for the Line manager interview??

scarfacefama

Had my DMI last week, didn´t pass. I asked feedback they said I managed well about the history of the company and on the competencies questions I did well on the concentration with detailed questions but in the customer service question I didn´t had enough evidencies.
Now I have to wait for another opportunity, in the end I´m proud of myself I just arrive on the Uk in last October, I have some difficulties with the language I just need more time to get more confiddent and next time I`m sure I will pass.
Thanks a lot for all the information on this thread and best of luck for all of you.

Last edited:

iWantIn

Chin up scarface...I'm sure you'll smack it next time.

Driver007 I was under the impression they gave out the interview date WITH the questionare

driver007

Driver007 I was under the impression they gave out the interview date WITH the questionare
Thanks iWantIn, now I start to get worried :|, anyone remember if he/she been given interview date with OTDPQ login details??

TrainSailing

Passed my 2nd day :) (Computer test and MMI) Two days ago, we were 6 gents all passed
filled the OTDPQ online, how long do I need to wait before they give me date for the Line manager interview??

Well done getting to the managers interview. I think I waited about 4 or 5 days for the email confirming the date of the interview.

Good luck.

potato

I've just passed the 2nd assessment day. The computer tests were OK, but I found the MMI really tough going - was surprised to pass that. Happy to have got this far and will give the managers interview my best shot.

G

gordon152

Hi Guys, congrats on everyone who made it through to the DMI.
I was also successful at getting to the DMI and now waiting for my interview date. I was wondering if anyone could help out with the exact trainee train drive job description from MTR's website advert. It thought I saved it but cannot find it. Many thanks in advance

Haider

I've just passed the 2nd assessment day. The computer tests were OK, but I found the MMI really tough going - was surprised to pass that. Happy to have got this far and will give the managers interview my best shot.

Well done potato, did they give you a date for line manager interview??

sfxdude

Congrats potato. I passed the second day last Friday and have just been given an interview date of two weeks time.

edit: the interview date is not given with the link to the questionnaire - mine was given about a week after.

Status
Not open for further replies.