• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail HST Introduction - Updates & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
On an HST? I've seen two over about an hour this evening, so they seem to be taking back a couple of services
Yep, a southbound from Perth (after being on a northbound HST earlier too). Sounds like they're doing most of the Dundee trains from Glasgow along with the usual Inverness ones.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mordac

Established Member
So is this 21 delivered (with one of them being the wrecked one), so five to come, plus a possible replacement?

InOban

Established Member
No. This was the 20th set - the one 10 days ago was#19 and at that time #20 was formed up at Wabtec.

physics34

Established Member
Which services will these operate from glasgow queen street today between 1500 and 1700?,

thanks for your info in advance, gonna try and catch one today

CJSwan

Which services will these operate from glasgow queen street today between 1500 and 1700?,

thanks for your info in advance, gonna try and catch one today
Going by Real Time Trains, the 15:39 will probably be an HST. But of course, that could change between now and then. But fingers crossed for you!

InOban

Established Member
I guess that until Carmont reopens they have to store some until needed. What's the timescale for the facility at Cadder?

Steddenm

Was on a ScotRail Inter7City HST today between Stirling and Perth and noticed that the safety notice stated Coach A, Coach B, Coach C, Coach D and Coach E. But states that "Coach E is not available on all services".

When are the sets going to be extended?

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Was on a ScotRail Inter7City HST today between Stirling and Perth and noticed that the safety notice stated Coach A, Coach B, Coach C, Coach D and Coach E. But states that "Coach E is not available on all services".

When are the sets going to be extended?

Previously it was stated they were to be extended once all 26 sets had entered traffic.

najaB

Veteran Member
Previously it was stated they were to be extended once all 26 sets had entered traffic.
Was it that 26 sets would be delivered as four-carriage and then some extended to five or was it that the last few would be delivered as five-carriage (with the option to extend some existing sets)?

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Was it that 26 sets would be delivered as four-carriage and then some extended to five or was it that the last few would be delivered as five-carriage (with the option to extend some existing sets)?

I believe originally it was to be the latter but the delays in delivery meant they'd changed that to the former process.

Don't ask me where in this thread that was mentioned though, even a quick search drew up everything but a definitive post on that matter and this thread is way too large to search manually!

najaB

Veteran Member
Don't ask me where in this thread that was mentioned though, even a quick search drew up everything but a definitive post on that matter and this thread is way too large to search manually!
No worries - at 12K posts plus I'm sure it's in there somewhere. :)

Journeyman

Established Member
TL; DR - is there a link to diagrams anywhere? Preferably diagrams as they should be, rather than Stonehaven/COVID-impacted ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.