• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamonic

Hi all. New here after just sitting stage 1 with EMT last week.

Unfortunately didn't progress to stage 2. Passed everything to the enhanced standard apart from the Group Bourdon (but still managed National). Somewhat annoyed and perplexed as I felt this was the easiest on the day. Does anyone know (or could estimate) the difference between national and enhanced?

Well done to those who passed.

Hi there TrainKS, and welcome to the forum! :)

I'm sorry to hear you didn't progress to Stage 2 on this occasion.

No one knows the differences between national and enhanced standards, as they will differ from TOC to TOC. (No one knows the pass mark for national standard either)
With the Group Bourdon, it's probably a case of trying to get a few less errors or omissions, or even performing more consistently across the 5 pages.

Could I ask then please if I applied for a national now would that mean I wouldn’t have to take the test again but obviously depending on company policy etc?
But if I did do an enhanced and failed the standard this time around that would take me out of everything ?

If you have passed everything to the national standard, you may apply for other Trainee Driver roles and depending on the TOC's policy, they may not require you to sit the tests again.

However, as Baz mentioned, if you sit the tests again, whatever results you achieve there will override your current results (Whether for better or for worse) :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Markdev

Neither mate I passed all the test's to enhanced level with Gtr but failed the manager interview, so I don't have to take test's again I can go straight to manager interview.
Wow what a mission it is to get through,
Hope you get some good news soon

baz962

Established Member
Ok brill I understand now thank you

That's ok mate and it is not intended to put you off or anything just so you know all your option's mate, so was it the glop test you failed then was that the read the passage and then multiple choice 18 question's in about 5 minute's.

Markdev

That's ok mate and it is not intended to put you off or anything just so you know all your option's mate, so was it the glop test you failed then was that the read the passage and then multiple choice 18 question's in about 5 minute's.
Yeah that’s the one I pretty much knew I had messed up on the day but onwards from here I was dwelling on it a little bit, annoyed with myself but I feel a little less annoyed now knowing there’s a glimmer of hope in the future maybe

Dynamonic

Yeah that’s the one I pretty much knew I had messed up on the day but onwards from here I was dwelling on it a little bit, annoyed with myself but I feel a little less annoyed now knowing there’s a glimmer of hope in the future maybe

It's a great thing when you can confidently know exactly where you went wrong.
I've got every confidence in your next attempt Markdev! (If you need it) You now know exactly what to expect! :)

Trico382

So could people be bombed out due to location.

I lived in Liverpool when I applied for this job and explained in my covering letter that I would relocate. I now start this role on January 8th at derby so they must take on those willing to relocate! Good luck to you all

Dynamonic

I lived in Liverpool when I applied for this job and explained in my covering letter that I would relocate. I now start this role on January 8th at derby so they must take on those willing to relocate! Good luck to you all

Congratulations Trico382! You must be well excited! :D

Max287

It’s very quiet here today, nobody heard any news? Are any of you still waiting for your stage 1 results?

Dynamonic

It’s very quiet here today, nobody heard any news? Are any of you still waiting for your stage 1 results?

Ayup there,

Nope. No news on my Stage 1 just yet. (It's so tense waiting that the email notification telling me that you posted on here startled me! :lol::lol::lol:)

I reckon we should all know very shortly though. Maybe it'll be another 1am email like the shortlisting one. :lol:

Ayup there,

Nope. No news on my Stage 1 just yet. (It's so tense waiting that the email notification telling me that you posted on here startled me! :lol::lol::lol:)

I reckon we should all know very shortly though. Maybe it'll be another 1am email like the shortlisting one. :lol:

There's a theory doing the rounds that too many people aced the tests and another sift is taking place.

Dynamonic

There's a theory doing the rounds that too many people aced the tests and another sift is taking place.

I knew we were all a great bunch on Friday! :lol:
In all seriousness though, I doubt that would be the case, as the Wednesday group have already had their results and have been told they would progress to Stage 2.
I'd have thought they would just eliminate more people at Stage 2 if they needed a set number to progress further.

It probably really is just a case of 'The results aren't there yet'.

Last edited:

Max287

Haha sorry Dynamonic

Yes a friend of mine took them on a Thursday and heard yesterday morning that he hadn’t passed the dots test unfortunately, so they are still getting back to people

Dynamonic

Haha sorry Dynamonic

Yes a friend of mine took them on a Thursday and heard yesterday morning that he hadn’t passed the dots test unfortunately, so they are still getting back to people

Ah, so there were Thursday groups then. I was beginning to think they were a myth as I haven't encountered any on this thread yet! :lol:
It just seems to be the Friday people still waiting for Stage 1 results then. (And holding everybody else up with Stage 2...sorry about that people ;)) .

Hi there Dan,

I’m just going to wait for now. Although I am hopeful that we’ll hear today. :)

The OPC assessor did ask us to allow a full week before attempting to contact EMT.
As far as i can see the only people who have had their results are people who unfortunately didn't make it through and they have been from all three days. Not surprisingly there haven't been many fails as this board is full of pro-active people who are clearly researching the process properly. One chap has been told he got through, I'm guessing he's internal. I reckon the rest of us have passed to emt standard and are either being re-sifted which I heard a whisper about yesterday, or they are simply arranging the dates for the next stage.

Myself and a couple of others from Wednesday have found out we passed the first stage.

I think the recruitment team are incredibly busy and I commend them for keeping to their time lines. I am sure you guys will hear information very soon!

Fingers crossed for you all.

Dynamonic

I wonder if it’s possible they’re trying to arrange an additional Stage 2 date, if it does turn out more people got through Stage 1 than expected. (This would take time as it requires getting multiple recruiters together at one place and time)

Hopefully, it isn’t the case of a second sift, but ultimately, that’s the risk with these very sought after roles.

All we can do now is wait and see what happens.

I reckon it will be today, you know! It’s gotta be, right?...RIGHT!? :lol:

Good luck everyone! :)

Included in the email for stage 2 they mentioned that there was only one date available for the next stage so I don’t think they will split the stage 2 dates up.

I’m sure you’ll hear something soon.

Dynamonic

Included in the email for stage 2 they mentioned that there was only one date available for the next stage so I don’t think they will split the stage 2 dates up.

I’m sure you’ll hear something soon.

And that day, I believe is Friday 10th November if the timeframe is adhered to.
Just one week to go! Eek! o_O:lol:
I’ve got it off work just in case. (It was a nightmare to get Stage 1 off)

Last edited:

Dan Smith

That's my problem. My work aren't gonna be happy with me asking for a Friday off with (possibly less then) a weeks notice!

Dan

Dynamonic

That's my problem. My work aren't gonna be happy with me asking for a Friday off with (possibly less then) a weeks notice!

Dan

I booked mine off earlier with the mindset that I could potentially swap it a little easier later on, if the timeframe changed slighty. (Fridays at my workplace are hard to get people to come in to work for, but easy to swap back into in exchange for another weekday)
I'm just trying to ensure all my possibilities are covered. I reckon people at my workplace are getting suspicious too with these shift changes that are out of character for me! :lol:

Dynamonic

Congrats mate.

Any details of the day? i.e. time, iternary?

It starts at 13:00 and finishes at 16:00 (arriving 10 minutes early) at Derby Customer Services Academy.

It involves group and individual exercises designed to ‘bring out the best in you.’

It says to ‘come with an open mind and lots of energy’ and specifies a smart dress code.

That’s pretty much all it says. Very mysterious! :lol:

Good luck to those still waiting! I hope you hear great news shortly! :)

Last edited:

Max287

13:00 is strange, maybe I’m just over analysing. I would have thought it would be in the morning, so perhaps they have so many passes that they are running two sessions!

Dynamonic

13:00 is strange, maybe I’m just over analysing. I would have thought it would be in the morning, so perhaps they have so many passes that they are running two sessions!

The email also said, ‘This is the only date we have available so we really hope you can make it.’

Whether that means that’s the only Stage 2 or whether they will have two on the same day, I couldn’t say.

It could be that the other recruitment drives for other roles EMT were recruiting for have taken up the morning, or the assessors are only available in the afternoon.

That will probably be cleared up shortly though as other people on here get their invites. :)

On that note, have anyone else who were waiting had their invites or heard anything yet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.