• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamonic

I've not had any practice material yet...probably tomorrow now! (Unless I get to skip it ;):lol:)

I recall Stage 1 having Bourdon, TRP, Dials and TEA-Occ.

What dates have they given you by the way? (If any)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RuralSquad93

Rural

I have just had the same e-mail and exactly the same predicament as you.

It’s all very confusing. In my e-mail they state that I have taken the tests twice which is true.

I first took all the tests in 2015 for DB Schenker. Passed them then. I then took part one of the assessments for Chiltern this year and met the enhanced score required. Didn’t have to take part two as already passed. Sadly just got knocked back at DMI for Chiltern.

I thought the two rule applied to those that have failed the tests. I haven’t failed the tests and thought I would at least be given a chance.

I’ve spoken with the OPC & the person sending out the emails from East Midlands regarding the issue we had.

They have said that because the OPC cannot determine whether or not I passed the Group Borden to the EMT standard, they cannot progress the application even though I passed it at Chiltern. They also said, even though I passed with Chiltern, applications shouldn’t be made to other companies regardless within 6 monthS.

Hopefully you get some more luck than I have!

Dynamonic

Oh man, I’m really sorry to hear about that Rural! :(
I never knew you couldn’t use your OPC results with other TOCs for six months.
It probably boils down to Chiltern’s investment in you, and prevents you from ‘fleeing’ with your results to join another TOC.

Your time will come, sooner than you probably think I’m sure! :)

Ihopeipass

Well same probably applies to me then. But have to be honest never heard of that 6 month thing before. Would be nice to be told these things before completing applications though. O well it’s all experience I suppose.

I didn't realise TOC's had different pass scored for the Bourdon test?

I thought it was a standard pass or fail?
Oh god ...

Dynamonic

I didn't realise TOC's had different pass scored for the Bourdon test?

I thought it was a standard pass or fail?
Oh god ...

If you meet the standard pass, then you can often use your results with other TOCs (after 6 months it seems), but, yeah, some TOCs operate an Enhanced Pass scheme, likely designed to reduce the number of candidates a bit more. o_O

I received my Stage 1 invite minutes ago for Friday 27th. Getting nervous now! :D

If you meet the standard pass, then you can often use your results with other TOCs (after 6 months it seems), but, yeah, some TOCs operate an Enhanced Pass scheme, likely designed to reduce the number of candidates a bit more. o_O

I received my Stage 1 invite minutes ago for Friday 27th. Getting nervous now! :D
Now I am wondering what an enhanced pass on Bourdon looks like!

Trico382

When I passed with EMT early last year the lady at the stage 1 testing told us that EMT has an enhanced scoring threshold for all successful candidates. I took that meaning for all individual tests

stjimmy87

Still not heard anything since the "wait for more news email"....Thinking its either gonna be no or a skip to stage 2

What is in stage 1 then for emt?

Dots
Glop
Boxes& dials
Phone book and lift beeps

Do they also do the fault finding (TD-ECT as it's known)

stjimmy87

What is in stage 1 then for emt?

Dots
Glop
Boxes& dials
Phone book and lift beeps

Do they also do the fault finding (TD-ECT as it's known)

From what I remember they are the ones....Do not remember the fault finding. Does anyone know what the stage 4 tests involve with emt? I have done the grey box, pictures, hand co=ordination, mmi

Dynamonic

really??? that's odd but also awesome

Watching the video a few pages back, it’s suggested that you are put through to Stage 4 if the Driver Manager who interviews you at Stage 3 is certain you have what it takes to succeed.

In other words, if you make it to Stage 4, EMT probably want you in the talent pool, hence the lack of any ‘enhanced’ pass.

Watching the video a few pages back, it’s suggested that you are put through to Stage 4 if the Driver Manager who interviews you at Stage 3 is certain you have what it takes to succeed.

In other words, if you make it to Stage 4, EMT probably want you in the talent pool, hence the lack of any ‘enhanced’ pass.

Also, with the exercises on day 1 it is fairly easy to give a graded score as they are all black and white exercises. Giving an enhanced score for the MMI interview would be harder and alot more subjective: surely someone is either psycologically right for driving or they are not.

People always attempt to guess at what the score needed for an enhanced pass is. My guess is it varies from TOC to TOC, the OPC are just told on the day what the cut off mark is or that they only want the top 20% or whatever. When i did the tests the fault finding test was included (not needed for EMT), 18 questions, one bloke i spoke to knocked out 17 in the time limit, another bloke 8 and both still passed to the "enhanced" level required by that TOC.

Another interesting thing about my tests was that 25 were invited and only 15 turned up to stage 1! Some people would give anything for those opportunities.

baz962

Established Member
Oh man, I’m really sorry to hear about that Rural! :(
I never knew you couldn’t use your OPC results with other TOCs for six months.
It probably boils down to Chiltern’s investment in you, and prevents you from ‘fleeing’ with your results to join another TOC.

Your time will come, sooner than you probably think I’m sure! :)

I have just read all these post's and I am now confused I passed enhanced for Govia as I am sure some of you know but failed at the dmi, I was told I could not apply for 6 month's again with Govia but Govia hr told me I was welcome to take my result's to any other toc.

baz962

Established Member
You’re in luck. EMT doesn’t have an Enhanced Pass for that assessment, just Stage 1. :D

I think that enhanced might only count for stage one as at the opc I asked about stage two and he told me it was not enhanced, although I cannot remember if that was for Govia or generally.

supertramp

at least its something...I didn't submit my application until the Thursday so its probably near the bottom of the pile. Fingers are crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.