• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's your desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
On top of London Eye?
I don't believe I was at the top, on my way down 'eye' think, Its one of many pictures I have taken from the 'I' this year... as thanks to tesco clubcard we have annual passes to the merlin entertainments group attractions :D

That's what 'eye' thought. :lol:

Your coat, sir.
You may wish to extend that to me... I'll do it myself, I'll get my coat.

LE Greys

Established Member
A nice image of the Shuttle Atlantis making her final re-entry, as seen from the ISS. Because the Sun was behind the Earth, you can see a thousand-mile plasma trail going right accross the limb of the planet.

Ivo

Established Member
A nice image of the Shuttle Atlantis making her final re-entry, as seen from the ISS. Because the Sun was behind the Earth, you can see a thousand-mile plasma trail going right accross the limb of the planet.

That sounds really quite impessive! Is there no way you could upload that please?

Welcome back by the way :)

LE Greys

Established Member
That sounds really quite impessive! Is there no way you could upload that please?

Welcome back by the way :)

Thanks, good to be back, I'm currently in Aberdeen and only just found out they don't mind you going onto forums using university connections. I'm afraid I can't upload the image because it's on my home computer and I'm using my Uni laptop, but it is on the NASA website. Only problem is, I can't find it.

SS4

Established Member
New Wallpaper time (I put a marginal amount of effort into this one). The background picture was taken on June 2nd 2011 and is nicknamed "22" which will be clear to the bingo lovers out there :)
Click the thumbnail for full size pics.

Clean:

Dirty:

Meanwhile on my phone is a slightly cropped version (took the sides out) of the statue of a musical legend outside the Dominion Theatre.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
My desktop is a night shot of Arriva's 175105 at Cardiff Central ready to depart with 1W07, the 0435 to Manchester.

LLF

Currently this one.

Gay_Ellis_14.jpg

but I tend to change it quite often.

NXEA!

Mine is a shot I took of 3CIG 1498 at Brockenhurst in April 2010 just a few weeks before withdrawal waiting to leave with the 17.59 to Lymington Pier. Happy days. :)

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
A certain forum member may like my current background. It is part of a theme that changes every 3 mins - all birds of prey. ;)

Attachments

• birdsofprey5.jpg
    birdsofprey5.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 28

Nym

Established Member
What's wrong with people knowing your real name? I found it out simple enough (turned out I already knew it though...) :P

In case any reasonably thick potential employers that read this forum that I slagged off 2 or 3 years ago don't manage to make the link with my email address...

Also, I like anonymity, and you only know my other usernames, who's to say that bears any resemblance to my actual name?

deltic1989

Established Member
I've got the below the 153 as my wallpaper and the deltic comes up as my screen saver.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Oxford to Paddington_51.51834--0.18124_09-04-28.png
    Screenshot_Oxford to Paddington_51.51834--0.18124_09-04-28.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_Newcastle to York_53.96581--1.11554_14-40-24.png
    Screenshot_Newcastle to York_53.96581--1.11554_14-40-24.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 28

LE Greys

Established Member
Finally got the chance to add this (original image NASA, so probably Public Domain).

Attachments

• Atlantis re-entry from ISS THIS IS REAL.jpg
    Atlantis re-entry from ISS THIS IS REAL.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 23
Changed it to this not too long ago, not in memory of the man himself! But they did have some great foundations and philospohies........

http://www.topnews.in/files/Apple.png

Best brand out there by far!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Changed it to this not too long ago, not in memory of the man himself! But they did have some great foundations and philospohies........

Apple.png

Best brand out there by far!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry reposted to insert the image - WOW, I am making a right mess of this!!

Last edited:

Established Member
On my new netbook, mine would be Windows 7 Starter, but I've found the Oceanis hack to get rid of the stupid Microsoft Only wallpaper. ;)

pitdiver

Mine is our sailing yacht on the Norfolk Broads, can't seemed to be able to post it as I don't know it's URL as it's in my laptop photo album.

Status
Not open for further replies.