• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's your desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pacerpilot

Current desktop,
Myself and two close friends not partaking in the urbex that we dont partake in and definitely not somehwere under yorkshire

225174_10150263859470470_666725469_9149307_2174426_n.jpg

Bungle73

On Moderation
A picture I took during a few days away in Lincoln.

Attachments

• Lincolnsmall.JPG
    Lincolnsmall.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 34

Lrd

Established Member
Currently this, found it online while looking at the Sony Xperia S.

Attachments

• ice-cream-sandwch-tron.jpg
    ice-cream-sandwch-tron.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 20

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
On my new netbook, mine would be Windows 7 Starter, but I've found the Oceanis hack to get rid of the stupid Microsoft Only wallpaper. ;)

New Netbook? :shock: That is so 2007. :lol:

Anon Mouse

Established Member
6196360237_c9b55e1eba_b.jpg

Currently using this North Korean propaganda poster, especially as its featuring two of my favorite things! :D

Just changed my desktop background - I like to keep it fresh and have a selection of backgrounds per week! This is my relaxation background, it brings back to me just how small we really are here on earth:
free-tibetan-buddhist-meditation-wallpapers+%252895+of+347%2529.jpg
:D

Ivo

Established Member
Charmander! :p

On a more serious note, I can tell you why it has shrunk.

Most picture files have a physical size limit of 1280x960 (or 1024x768 if not in the "More Photo Space" usergroup which anyone can join without requiring prior permission). Your picture will have been condensed to meet this using its previous layout and resolution. The only picture file type that is not covered is GIF, which isn't surprising considering how small the files are - although this may have been intentioanl for the Route Coverage thread!

Ascot

Established Member
What are Lync 2010 and Project 2010? They're obviously MS Office programs, but what do they do?

Lync is the old Communicator with Sharepoint as the Groove part, basically a corporate Windows Messenger where you have contacts from your office space. Project is a wonderful bit of kit where you plan projects with time frames, budgets and staffing. EDIT: I only have to use Project to view/change files but we've all been on the training course so quite confident with "home projects".

Last edited:

Heinz57

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
My current background - I took this picture of the poster in my bedroom this morning. ;)

Attachments

• DSC06272.jpg
    DSC06272.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 31

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Well the fact that the NLL is shown and Woolwich Arsenal is under construction should give you the date. ;)

I also have one called the 'Great Bear' which is based upon a 1994 map I think.

On a side note, when I was about 8/9, so before the existance of LO on the maps, I drew a fictional future map in which there was a new orbital line - it turns out that my plan is scarily similar to it even though I didn't know about London Overground at that time... :shock:

EDIT:

I've scanned the map - it is a bit messy as the majority of it was made from memory - I used street maps to create the routes for the new lines. For some reason I decided to remove the Northern Line between Moorgate and Kennington (the chaos that would cause!). :lol:
Dated: 20/07/2006

Attachments

• scan0001 (edit).jpg
    scan0001 (edit).jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Eagle

Established Member
On a side note, when I was about 8/9, so before the existance of LO on the maps, I drew a fictional future map in which there was a new orbital line - it turns out that my plan is scarily similar to it even though I didn't know about London Overground at that time... :shock:

Well the route of the Orbirail (remember that word?) and the proposed route of Ringway 1 are themselves scarily similar... guess there's only one place to fit a ring round inner London.

Status
Not open for further replies.