• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WSMR to finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbtc

Veteran Member
Very, very unfortunate reference to VE-day if you think about it ... I'll say nor more than I suggested earlier, this is only the first step of the master plan and it has started by assassination

I've been disappointed with some of the other comments, like this one:

We won the war, but they got us in the end

Aimed at DB I think

I appreciate that things are sensitive at the moment, but some of the language is getting a little silly

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TDK

Established Member
Thanks TDK... I knew what I said would support someone - I wouldnt say it if I felt that it was taking it to far...

Did anyone (any passenger) actually get a message over?

Also TDK were you at the helm of 1J84 last night?

Yes mate - at the Helm of 1P23 & 1J84 Passengers were fantastic - we were given some gifts and many of them especially a lot of enthusiasts were extremely supportive - I would like to thank all the good wishes from all and everyone who took the time to stand in the cold to give us all a fantastic farewell

TomJ93

TDK I was told Ivan was driving the train naked :lol: kind of put me off getting on board! ;)

TDK

Established Member
TDK I was told Ivan was driving the train naked :lol: kind of put me off getting on board! ;)

No comment :). Ivan wouldn't drive the train naked would he, Ivan will at time be should I say a bit excentric but not even he would go as far of that - anyone got any pics?

daikilo

Established Member
I've been disappointed with some of the other comments, like this one:

My apologies, I aimed my response at Merlodlliw and I should have thought of others.

That said, I think there is more to this than has so far been published and I would like to think that WSMR staff will be given more than a fair opportunity for what follows. That would definitely be the case on DB home territory.

Established Member
Yes mate - at the Helm of 1P23 & 1J84 Passengers were fantastic - we were given some gifts and many of them especially a lot of enthusiasts were extremely supportive - I would like to thank all the good wishes from all and everyone who took the time to stand in the cold to give us all a fantastic farewell

The departure of the stock off 1j85 from WRX was truly moving, WSMR a true credit to the industry you will be missed. Far too good for a franchised TOC, professional to the end, everyone there deserves every plaudit and every luck for the future.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
Very, very unfortunate reference to VE-day if you think about it ... I'll say nor more than I suggested earlier, this is only the first step of the master plan and it has started by assassination. I am not impressed and I hope the Welsh Authority conders the impact on local people (and electors).

So why is it unfortunate, the last time we had a noise like that was on that day,and this too was a celebration of W/S.

chris89

Established Member
It is a massive shame to see WSMR to go, as enjoyed seeing the 67 and Mark 3s going through Wolverhampton whilst waiting for Scotland bound trains. As it was nice to see LHCS compared to Units. Got quite a few vids of them passing through on my youtube, Search cray1996.

Couldn't make it to see the last two journeys. But best off luck to all those from WSMR in finding new employment.

Chris

TomJ93

No comment :). Ivan wouldn't drive the train naked would he, Ivan will at time be should I say a bit excentric but not even he would go as far of that - anyone got any pics?

Sorry I don't know him personally, I was waiting for the dvt to come in dread!

tbtc

Veteran Member
I would like to think that WSMR staff will be given more than a fair opportunity for what follows. That would definitely be the case on DB home territory

Agreed.

I think that Chiltern clearly have plans that will need additional staff, plus the WAG have aspirations for increased rail services through Shrewsbury. Hopefully the bulk of those employed can be accommodated within DB one way or another.

If anything, it looks like DB's decision to pull the plug had as much to do with "having more profitable things to do with the WSMR stock" than the WSMR profit levels, which hopefully means they won't need long to give these people other things to do

mumrar

Established Member
Far too good for a franchised TOC, professional to the end, everyone there deserves every plaudit and every luck for the future.
Whilst I understand that emotions are running high, too high in some quarters, I am deeply offended by this statement which is a slur on every hard working professional who is employed by franchised TOCs.

Established Member
Whilst I understand that emotions are running high, too high in some quarters, I am deeply offended by this statement which is a slur on every hard working professional who is employed by franchised TOCs.

When your, or my, TOC provides such standards, I'll reconsider.
I work hard too, WSMR embarrassed the customer experience provided by any other TOC I've used or worked for.

CarterUSM

Established Member

I am a little taken aback myself, though I am sure it isn't meant to be derogatory by any means.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I work hard too, WSMR embarrassed the customer experience provided by any other TOC I've used or worked for.

Or perhaps it is then!

Failed Unit

Established Member

Mate you are a little unfair here. Good and bad exist at any TOC. But overall rail staff are very good. You get many staff on franchised operators that go the extra mile to help passengers finding the best way to do their journey.

Take Scotrail in December, the staff worked very hard but the customer experience was poor. Not much staff can do in some situations.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I agree with the comment made by 87015. Whilst I am proud to work for the company whom I work for and am committed to delivering excellent customer service and believe I put this into practice, even whilst travelling off duty. However I'll say that the majority of staff in the company are not as committed as me, and that there are a minority who are rude, cannot be bothered to help and will not assist because it's not their job.

tbtc

Veteran Member
Mate you are a little unfair here. Good and bad exist at any TOC. But overall rail staff are very good. You get many staff on franchised operators that go the extra mile to help passengers finding the best way to do their journey.

Take Scotrail in December, the staff worked very hard but the customer experience was poor. Not much staff can do in some situations.

This is a bugbear of mine. Whilst I'm not denying that "WSMR had dedicated professional staff", the same could be said of every TOC - if I was someone who worked from five some mornings and didn't finish until after midnight some evenings, I'd find the "fairytale" stuff hard to take

Failed Unit

Established Member
I agree with the comment made by 87015. Whilst I am proud to work for the company whom I work for and am committed to delivering excellent customer service and believe I put this into practice, even whilst travelling off duty. However I'll say that the majority of staff in the company are not as committed as me, and that there are a minority who are rude, cannot be bothered to help and will not assist because it's not their job.

If they are that good (not disputing they are) on the positive side they will have no problem finding a new job. Other TOCs will do anything to get the best quality staff.

feliner

Freightliner intermodal are looking for two drivers at Crewe,not sure how far this is from Wrexham. There will be a couple of vacancies at Leeds soon with two of us leaving for passenger tocs,.

crewmeal

So what happens to the stock? I guess it's being stored at Wembley for now? Who will benefit from some nicely refurbished Mk111s? Perhaps they will go to a charter company

Railjet

Very true.

Too many crass generalisations on these boards about how great most TOCs are. Against what benchmark, exactly?

In my experience, comparing against continental European operators, I'd give the UK TOCs I have travelled on (nearly all of them) 4-6 out of 10 for the overall customer experience. WSMR was the exception that proves the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.