• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Freight Drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshT10

Well I don't know if we will ever hear anything but it's another application in the pipeline, got to be in it to win it after all

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SquarePeg

Thanks - thought that was the case. Can’t see anywhere to attach covering letter, guessing just make that page 1 of CV?
Drat! Is there anywhere on Colas’ candidate portal to update covering letter!? Application has been submitted less covering letter. That’s me fallen at the first by the looks of it!

Cyclist

Wasn't going to but since they left this open for so long and other companies are keeping me waiting I thought I'd chuck in an app. I did at least spend 40 minutes on it when I say 'chuck' lol!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Drat! Is there anywhere on Colas’ candidate portal to update covering letter!? Application has been submitted less covering letter. That’s me fallen at the first by the looks of it!

There was a place to upload a covering letter yeah but to be honest it’s still probably more luck than anything else at this first stage so wouldn’t worry yourself too much!!

xtradj

Considering the advert is still live I’d imagine no one will be hearing any news as of yet

Cheggers

Job advert still up. Never seen a Trainee Driver role up for so long. This could be a long wait.

Bucephalus

It's because they're obviously waiting for me to decide whether to apply or not... I read that the locations they offer are east Midlands, 'Anglia', and South East.

Can anyone confirm where the east Midlands one is? My googling led me to assume it's Grantham. Anyone know what a trainee driver would get paid, it doesn't mention it on the ad? I would literally relocate to east Midlands for it if it is enough to raise a family on

FOCTOC

It's because they're obviously waiting for me to decide whether to apply or not... I read that the locations they offer are east Midlands, 'Anglia', and South East.

Can anyone confirm where the east Midlands one is? My googling led me to assume it's Grantham. Anyone know what a trainee driver would get paid, it doesn't mention it on the ad? I would literally relocate to east Midlands for it if it is enough to raise a family on
There is no specific location - you are home based so your home town is irrelevant, as long as you are in the general area.

The One

The job requires lodging all down to fatigue index so it don’t really matter where you live.Obviously if you can get door to door in twelve hours then you won’t be required to lodge.As for the money I’ve heard and I’m sure I will get corrected if wrong lol is region of 30,000

Cyclist

£51010 last I heard.

The job requires lodging all down to fatigue index so it don’t really matter where you live.Obviously if you can get door to door in twelve hours then you won’t be required to lodge.As for the money I’ve heard and I’m sure I will get corrected if wrong lol is region of 30,000

That’s a big difference. Who is right?

The One

Don’t think they will pay a trainee 51000 you prob earn that once qualified I was quoting the trainee rate

Bucephalus

If 30k is the training rate, that's doable for me. It's simply because I need enough to cover childcare

sw1ller

Established Member
Just an FYI, seems to be a bit of negativity on this post. One of our very experienced drivers has just moved over to Colas and seems to be really enjoying it. That’s a move from a TOC too. What seems poor to one person may be fantastic for another. I will add, a possible 14 hour shift doesn’t really get my tounge wagging. I left that behind with my old job. Haha.

sw1ller

Established Member
Things are always better during the "honeymoon" period...

Haha. This is very true. He was more of a spotter than a driver to be fair. I don’t think his enthusiasm will wane.

BallastMonkey

Anyone got a clue what the video interview entails other than the "5 e's"

They've been quite vague with the information

Status
Not open for further replies.