• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First TPE's Nova brand for their new trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BeHereNow

Over 100 more seats on a 397 than the 350 has and as such hopefully those extra seats and TPE not stopping at Wigan any longer should see full and standing trains go away on the Scotland to Man Airport via WCML route. :D

Does a 350 not have 210 seats, with the Class 397 having 286?

The idea of no standing between Lancaster and Manchester is unlikely, given that some already operate as 8 now.

BMIFlyer

Does a 350 not have 210 seats, with the Class 397 having 286?

The idea of no standing between Lancaster and Manchester is unlikely, given that some already operate as 8 now.

Tip up seats not included. Nearly 100 seats then.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
You were asking a slightly different operational question but all I am interested in is the names of the stations concerned with suitable platform lengths.

Poorly worded, apologies. I know the 350s can work with 3-sets in multi, what I meant was would 12 car operation be feasible platform length-wise.

BMIFlyer

Poorly worded, apologies. I know the 350s can work with 3-sets in multi, what I meant was would 12 car operation be feasible platform length-wise.
Not really.

The other issue is that the class 350 is not cleared to run at 110mph as a 12 car.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Just for a second imagine there was enough 397s to double up.

Am i right that only the airport and oxford road cant take them? The other platforms are all long enough?

driver_m

Established Member
If you all want to know whether the platform lengths can take 12 cars .Have a look at the Sectional Appendix on NR's website which will give you the platform lengths.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Also, I see to recall plans to get the 397s running at up to 115 on the WCML, has anything become of this or is it simply another one of those 'pie in the sky' WCML speed increases?

rebmcr

Established Member

Am i right that only the airport and oxford road cant take them? The other platforms are all long enough?

13/14 is long enough for diverted 390/1s, so I don't think that would be a problem.

td97

Established Member
Yes because all the other stations can take 11-car Pendolinos.
It has been mentioned on the 397 thread that the Glasgow services departing Manchester and Liverpool (each 5-car) could join at Preston, and only use 1 path up the WCML.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Yes because all the other stations can take 11-car Pendolinos.
It has been mentioned on the 397 thread that the Glasgow services departing Manchester and Liverpool (each 5-car) could join at Preston, and only use 1 path up the WCML.

Which would seem the logical thing to do, it's all about using paths efficiently. Is the plan for 1tph or 1tp2h from Liverpool and Manchester to Glasgow?

driver_m

Established Member

Oxford rd is supposedly getting extended at the cost of losing p5 .( Big if though) The airport is definitely too short. Never been able to take any pendo in there of any size.

Domh245

Established Member
Which would seem the logical thing to do, it's all about using paths efficiently. Is the plan for 1tph or 1tp2h from Liverpool and Manchester to Glasgow?
From memory, Manchester retains a similar service to now, and Glasgow gets something like 3/4 trains per day

Status
Not open for further replies.