• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR recruiting again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garyjames1701

I got told they're full up to September, and that's it's now a case of waiting to hear from them. The thing is, people are still going through stage 1 assessments so surely they will take us from the pool soon otherwise they're going to have more applicants than they know what to do with!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

l0c0m0t1ve

The thing is, people are still going through stage 1 assessments so surely they will take us from the pool soon otherwise they're going to have more applicants than they know what to do with!

I think they really are short of instructors. They even switch the course a little and had us do our front end turns before starting the rules bit which is usually the other way round - because of 'logistical' reasons.

I did notice the other day they had vacancies for instructors.

I think that definitely has something to do with the hold up.

Also, the people in HR seem to be extremely busy at the moment.

Bucko

Hi All

I have my re-booked medical next week - first one I turned up and bupa had a different time to what I'd been given and couldn't see me. Concerned, I went down to the offices, and explained the situation. That was all sorted thankfully, but while I was there we had an informal chat, and when I said if all goes well when would be the likely start date for Bedford, I was told probably October.

I haven't seen anyone on here, based at Bedford, that's started yet, or even given a start date ( unless anyone can correct me ) so in my mind I'm thinking the TL side of it is yet to begin.

Also, not sure if relevant or important, but I haven't been told anything about a talent pool.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Coulpe of guys at my place have passed everything up to and including the medical, and at least one has had a driver manager interview.

I had my driver manager interview before the medical.

When you say 'my place', what do you mean if you don't mind me asking?

class373

I think they really are short of instructors. They even switch the course a little and had us do our front end turns before starting the rules bit which is usually the other way round - because of 'logistical' reasons.

I did notice the other day they had vacancies for instructors.

I think that definitely has something to do with the hold up.

Also, the people in HR seem to be extremely busy at the moment.

What depot are you at Loco? I really want to be at Blackfriars! Anyone at Blackfriars?

class373

I'm at King's Cross mate.

I wanted Blackfriars too, I had applied for there and Bedford but was offered KX so took what I got!

How long after your medical do you get told your result/where you'll be based and when your start date is?

jonthetaxi

Had my medical on wednesday, and passed. Spoke to Ronke after about start dates but nothing new to add to what's been posted on here. She just confirmed that September courses are full and it's probably going to be October before we get on new courses.

Sgiot

Hi,
I passed day 1 assessments last Tuesday and was given a letter at the end of the day
with day 2 details for next week. My questions is :, I've had no further email from GTR regarding practice materials and 'booked assessments' just shows day 1 information only. Should I be expecting any further confirmation etc from recruitment ? .

donpoku

Hi,
I passed day 1 assessments last Tuesday and was given a letter at the end of the day
with day 2 details for next week. My questions is :, I've had no further email from GTR regarding practice materials and 'booked assessments' just shows day 1 information only. Should I be expecting any further confirmation etc from recruitment ? .
No that letter is all you need, no email needed.
Practice material is all in the first one they sent you. Good luck to you.

Last edited:

332 > 444

Hi,

That letter was our confirmation, just turn up on your allocated day and good luck
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
If you are told you are in a talent pool awaiting a vacancy is this the same as awaiting a start date?

I think some people are not pooled and awaiting start dates

Just sounds different to me

That said told I am. Guaranteed a job offer if I pass my medical

At least you are closer to a course here mate! Stage 2 for me this week.

donpoku

Good luck guys, mine is couple of weeks away, btw how are you guys preparing especially the mmi?

332 > 444

There's a thread on here about the questions that pop up on the MMI, i'm just thinking back through work/personal history and making sure i have at least 2 examples for each topic. Don't over complicate it either otherwise they can trip you up, that's the advice that the drivers at my place tell me.

I'm more worried about the 2 hand.

Is it your stage 1?

alex101

Hi there, quick question relating to the GTR stage 2 assessments - In the practice materials they gave us there is a 'written communications test' (WCT) - is there a WCT test in the stage 2 assessements?... its not listed on the bit of paper.

donpoku

Have you guys still going through assessments been told when you will be taken on if successful?

Good luck Alex101 332444 Donpoku Sgiot firecrackerads Darren1980 vit4

As frustrating as our position is just remember how many fail to get this far I was quite surprised to hear how many get rejected during stage one so our time will come can't wait to start training now
Cheers buddy. All the best.

332 > 444

Have you guys still going through assessments been told when you will be taken on if successful?

As frustrating as our position is just remember how many fail to get this far I was quite surprised to hear how many get rejected during stage one so our time will come can't wait to start training now

Safe mate, we all need it and I dont mind getting to the talent pool if I can get over the fear of the 2 hand (even tho I play video games)!

Scattle

I have my DMI at the end of July, although still heard that GTR are doing stage 2 assessments this week. Haven't been told any start date if successfull.

alex101

Thanks, will definitely need it!

Darren1980

Many thanks!

Bromley boy

Established Member
Hi guys.
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere in the thread but does anyone know if GTR are likely to recruit again soon? I somehow missed it last time around and currently facing a long wait for DMI with another TOC.
Cheers
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.