• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Theft Auto V

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If this is the genuine map, I must admit it's very different from what I was expecting - but it looks very impressive in terms of scale.

Just can't wait until I'm back in the UK on the 22nd September :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Im going to buy a console just for this game and only because Flying Lotus has a radio station on there. Thats just amazing.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
^^ I think one is tram line I believe but it be good if you can driver the train like we did on San Andreas and then have high speed crash somewhere on line.

Here link that Matt show us before of map of GTAIV with GTAV on it.

http://i.imgur.com/USaFo0Q.jpg

That's now been taken off too :lol:!

I found just googling 'GTA5 and GTA4 comparison map' gives you a variety of links to try, got a better chance of trying to find one that's still up.

Just seen one myself, won't link it as it might be gone soon, but wow! It really does give you an idea of how big it is! I remember doing the drive from one end to the other challenge in GTA4, should take longer to do north - south in GTA5

Might be the first time you get free roam of the entire map, whereas before it used to be different islands/places locked off until a certain point. That was fun in it's own right, going across the bridge for a sneak preview of the next island and see how far you could go without the police bringing you down, and for me that wasn't generally far!! :lol:

TheEdge

Established Member
All of the maps I've seen would imply it is going to be all open from the start, all of the previous GTA games had individual islands or cities which GTAV doesn't seem to have.

Liking what looks like a metro/underground network again and also a nice complex rail network. Maybe something a little more than the loop GTA:sA had.

ModernRailways

Established Member
Took the plunge and bought myself a PS3 specially for GTA 5!
Only £200 from Game, for the console, GTA 5, The Last of Us, and a DVD copy of Breaking Bad.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
All of the maps I've seen would imply it is going to be all open from the start, all of the previous GTA games had individual islands or cities which GTAV doesn't seem to have.

Liking what looks like a metro/underground network again and also a nice complex rail network. Maybe something a little more than the loop GTA:sA had.

Yes, it will be, Rockstar want to maximise the freedom of having such a huge map apparently.

I think the small, urban network around Los Santos is a tram, it's visible in some of the trailers. The long distance one is a heavy network, it looks like one of those stereotypical American passes-through-the-middle-of-nowhere-and-is-100%-freight set ups.

TheEdge

Established Member
Yes, it will be, Rockstar want to maximise the freedom of having such a huge map apparently.

I wonder if the success of Far Cry 3 pushed them in that direction or if it has been a much longer thing?

A well made open world game (FC3, GTAV (hopefully), Just Cause) will be able to use the environment to control the progression of the player, not need obvious boundaries.

Geezertronic

Established Member
I wonder if the success of Far Cry 3 pushed them in that direction or if it has been a much longer thing?

A well made open world game (FC3, GTAV (hopefully), Just Cause) will be able to use the environment to control the progression of the player, not need obvious boundaries.

I guess there is only so many times you can blame the weather for a bridge closure :D

talltim

Established Member
I've never bought a console while it was current, but I would for this. Trouble is, I can't afford the time or the divorce...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Looking at the map, I'm betting that there is just one heavy rail train that goes up and down, reversing on the balloon loops at each end and the rest of the lines are just for show.

muselnor

im hearing GTA V is supposed to be based on Breaking Bad that would be so good if rumours are true

TheEdge

Established Member
im hearing GTA V is supposed to be based on Breaking Bad that would be so good if rumours are true

*GTA:sA spoiler below, just in case anyone has still not played it)

I would be surprised if it was.

Despite all its morally dubious behaviour most of the newer GTAs (the 3D ones) have been anti-drug. Take GTA:sA as an example, CJ turns down drugs, complains when people smoke weed in his car, burns drug fields and then takes down Big Smoke when he turns into a dealer. GTA IV as well had Niko complain when people smoked in his car.

familyguy99

I notice yesterday that the was guy on twitter posted picture and video of GTAV game that for somereason he have already got it, I believe Rockstar confirm three months ago that everyone will get GTAV on 17th September so I wonder how this person have already got GTAV.

If you type in Jsticks11 twitter you found here twitter page with all GTAV info he have posted.

GB

Established Member
I notice yesterday that the was guy on twitter posted picture and video of GTAV game that for somereason he have already got it, I believe Rockstar confirm three months ago that everyone will get GTAV on 17th September so I wonder how this person have already got GTAV.

If you type in Jsticks11 twitter you found here twitter page with all GTAV info he have posted.

There is always the small possibility that he knows someone who either works for R* or someone from a retail outlet or works at a retail outlet himself.

Alternatively there is probably a bigger chance its a pirated copy since those are now doing the rounds.

ModernRailways

Established Member
A lot of gaming stores already have their copies in the back.
I know a guy who runs a local PC repair shop who also sells the odd few AAA titles, and he already has GTA 5 since they were delivered on Wednesday.
I imagine other stores will have had them for a good week or so now ready and waiting to be put out there.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Just had my order dispatch notification from Amazon - so they've started shipping GTA V out in time for Tuesday.

ModernRailways

Established Member
Just had my order dispatch notification from Amazon - so they've started shipping GTA V out in time for Tuesday.

Apparently, a load of people have already received copies today from Amazon!

I'll have to no doubt wait a little longer than Tuesday as Game had a problem taking payment from Paypal. My fault as I only store my card details on Paypal when I buy something I remove them straight after.

familyguy99

Apparently, a load of people have already received copies today from Amazon!

I'll have to no doubt wait a little longer than Tuesday as Game had a problem taking payment from Paypal. My fault as I only store my card details on Paypal when I buy something I remove them straight after.

BIB - I'm confused as I thought Rockstar confirm about two maybe three months ago that they didn't want online shops sending out GTAV until 16th September or today date (14th Sep) so how come Amazon send out GTAV early for people getting in early then? Oh well only three more days ish until 80% of us on here will get copy of GTAV. :)

ModernRailways

Established Member
If you choose Amazon First Class Delivery then they would have sent it out yesterday (13th) no doubt. Some people have hit lucky with the postal service and got it early.

That or people have had it delivered in the same day it was despatched - could be possible depending on time zone difference.

deltic1989

Established Member
Less than 24 hours and I will have this in my hands.
I can no longer justify it as my Son's Birthday present, but I could pin it on my youngest Daughter who's Birthday is on Thursday.
She will be 2 though so not sure if that will fly with Mrs D.

TheEdge

Established Member
Midnight opening tonight! Sad to say I shall be finishing a late shift then going to Game!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
One final little bit of gen to see people through to tomorrow - GTA V will have buses which the player will be able to access as a passenger. These buses will run to scheduled routes and include metro, local and airport shuttle services. I feel sorry for the team who has to design GTA VI, how do you better all this?!

familyguy99

Last edited:

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
My dad (I'm under 18) is going to pick up my preordered copy from Game tomorrow. CBA going to midnight release, got school as well. Can't wait though! :D

GB

Established Member
Is the any chance of changing this thread name to Grand Theft Auto 5 with game coming out in 6 hours time?

EDIT: Thanks for changing it :)

I see Amazon could be trouble with Rockstar for sending this out couple of days early knowing is mostly Northern Ireland people who got game early.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ame-to-customers-ahead-of-launch-8819114.html

Seems MS are also banning users if they play the game early. Not sure what legal justification they have for doing that if its a legit copy obtained legally.

Darandio

Established Member
Seems MS are also banning users if they play the game early. Not sure what legal justification they have for doing that if its a legit copy obtained legally.

They are banning people using the leaked version, not the legitimate ones delivered early. It's the same anti-piracy stance they have always had.

Last edited:

bnm

Established Member
Whilst it's only a game, and life will go on regardless of when you get to peel open the cellophane, do spare a thought for those of us who will be patiently waiting for the far superior PC version to be released.

I'm not revisiting this topic after today, and will be avoiding, as far as is practicable, anywhere else that reviews or discusses GTA V. I want to be able to play it at the highest graphic settings and that means my PC rig. 7-8 year old console technology just won't cut it. Particularly when you have strong rumours that the game has been specifically coded for both PC and PS4 and won't merely be ported. That coding has probably contributed to the delay in release date for the 7th gen consoles, and PS3 and Xbox360 owners will be the guinea pigs for all the bugs in the first release. That's the price you pay for HAVING to have the game on day one.

Whilst this will be the last great game for 7th gen consoles, history shows that major games released at this time in a console cycle are somewhat cynically marketed to achieve 'double sales'. That is, an improved version (already likely to have been coded) will be released for the next generation consoles, and console gamers will feel the need to buy the newer version as well. Rather than play the existing game (if backwards compatibility allows) on the new console.

That's why I stick with PC gaming. I may have to wait a little longer, but that wait is useful in ironing out bugs, improving the graphics etc. And with a game like this being released on the cusp of generation change in console technology that wait is probably all the more worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.