• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink/ Class 700 Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class455

Established Member
Just a quick question regarding 700 diagrams. Is 2W30 10:59 Three Bridges to Bedford booked for a 700 or is it still an Electrostar? And how many 700 diagrams are there on the Sutton Loop running between 11:30 to 13:00? Much appreciated.

Class377/5

Established Member
Just a quick question regarding 700 diagrams. Is 2W30 10:59 Three Bridges to Bedford booked for a 700 or is it still an Electrostar? And how many 700 diagrams are there on the Sutton Loop running between 11:30 to 13:00? Much appreciated.

Try looking back at the posted diagrams for all your answers.

FlippyFF

Why don't the door close buttons work in the core? Why do you have to suffer the wind swept and distinctly chilly Blackfriars until the trains decides the doors can be closed?

Fincra5

Established Member
Why don't the door close buttons work in the core? Why do you have to suffer the wind swept and distinctly chilly Blackfriars until the trains decides the doors can be closed?

I believe in the door, for when the service is 24tph the doors automatically all open upon release and will all be closed at the same time, to allow for speedier boarding i'd assume, vital couple of seconds?

Seems unnecessary to me as a lot passengers who I see pressing "Door Open" are already spamming it before release lol.

Deepgreen

Established Member
I believe in the door, for when the service is 24tph the doors automatically all open upon release and will all be closed at the same time, to allow for speedier boarding i'd assume, vital couple of seconds?

Seems unnecessary to me as a lot passengers who I see pressing "Door Open" are already spamming it before release lol.

I had been wondering why, at Blackfriars for example, the doors open automatically.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
I had been wondering why, at Blackfriars for example, the doors open automatically.

This will lead to confusion. With passengers standing there dutifully awaiting the automatic opening of the doors at places such as East Croydon or out there in the wilds of Sussex !.

To get round this I repeatedly press and release the buttons (*1) in case the door release light is not working (or whatever clue it is I am supposed to remember and notice). I also press and release repeatedly because some units refuse to open the doors if you press the door open button too early and then hold it in !. There should be a standard for this kind of thing as it currently relies on all passengers having some kind of expertise of various kinds of train at various locations.

*1 = I also feel it is my duty to thoroughly test the door buttons - maybe ;).

Last edited:

Mordac

Established Member
This will lead to confusion. With passengers standing there dutifully awaiting the automatic opening of the doors at places such as East Croydon or out there in the wilds of Sussex !.

To get round this I repeatedly press and release the buttons (*1) in case the door release light is not working (or whatever clue it is I am supposed to remember and notice). I also press and release repeatedly because some units refuse to open the doors if you press the door open button too early and then hold it in !. There should be a standard for this kind of thing as it currently relies on all passengers having some kind of expertise of various kinds of train at various locations.

Bombardier must hate you.

SpacePhoenix

Established Member

Even if the door release light doesn't work, there's always the "doors released bleeper" that most stock now has

Class377/5

Established Member

It'll change nothing as people have been standing at doors waiting for them to open on Thameslink since befor the 377s arrived.

387star

On Moderation
With more 700s in service and all but one 387 with great northern (the other on short term loan to gx) is there an update on the 377/2? Which are with southern now?

The three that were in fcc branding are back in southern colours and possibly working southern services again while a number of southern liveried units that moved over since govia took over fcc thameslink have been debranded and possibly moved back to gtr southern

Just interested how many 377/2 are still with Thames link given they are to imminently replace 442 workings ... I mostly see 377/5 now although as we know eight are with southeastern

Last edited:

JonathanH

Veteran Member
With more 700s in service and all but one 387 with great northern (the other on short term loan to gx) is there an update on the 377/2? Which are with southern now?

The three that were in fcc branding are back in southern colours and possibly working southern services again while a number of southern liveried units that moved over since govia took over fcc thameslink have been debranded and possibly moved back to gtr southern

Just interested how many 377/2 are still with Thames link given they are to imminently replace 442 workings ... I mostly see 377/5 now although as we know eight are with southeastern

An informed posting on 'ukmodernemu' stated that 207-10/12-15 were still working on Thameslink this week. 207/11/12 back in Southern colours now.

Given the posting on the wnxx forum regarding the removal of 442s from service, presumably the first release of 377s is in time for the weekend of 25/26 February and the second for the weekend of 11/12 March.

Given 'Class 377/5's previous postings about a fortnightly step up in 700 diagrams and that the last increase was Monday this week just gone, presumably there are two new class 700/0 diagrams commencing 20 February and 6 March displacing the class 377s and giving a week to get them in the right place.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member

I caught a 377/2 yesterday.

spark001uk

Established Member
I was on 1W51 in the core on Thu (9th) at about 6pm, think unit was 104. Sat in rear declass, then nipped to toilet only to find 3 of 5 of them were OOU! Had to walk 6 cars down to the disabled one. Tho I will say it oddly doesn't seem as far not having gangway doors to open.
So anyway I get back to the rear, and another guy came back shortly behind me, having a laugh about the OOU lavs. Then he says out loud "well at least the first class is free!". At which point everyone stood in the vestibule the other side of the partition door turned round at once and started looking for free seats!! ;)

Class377/5

Established Member
An informed posting on 'ukmodernemu' stated that 207-10/12-15 were still working on Thameslink this week. 207/11/12 back in Southern colours now.

Given the posting on the wnxx forum regarding the removal of 442s from service, presumably the first release of 377s is in time for the weekend of 25/26 February and the second for the weekend of 11/12 March.

Given 'Class 377/5's previous postings about a fortnightly step up in 700 diagrams and that the last increase was Monday this week just gone, presumably there are two new class 700/0 diagrams commencing 20 February and 6 March displacing the class 377s and giving a week to get them in the right place.

Other than the 442 timing (can't remember them at present) your pretty much spot on for everything.

physics34

Established Member
Other than the 442 timing (can't remember them at present) your pretty much spot on for everything.

will there be specific 377/2s booked for the 442 workings (the Eastbourne and Brighton workings) or will the 377/2s just go in with the BI/SU pools and be rotated as normal as other southern 377s are used.?

(wrong thread i know)

Last edited:

Class377/5

Established Member
will there be specific 377/2s booked for the 442 workings (the Eastbourne and Brighton workings) or will the 377/2s just go in with the BI/SU pools and be rotated as normal as other southern 377s are used.?

(wrong thread i know)

The 377 4 car fleet is operated as one single fleet with only the DV diagrams (that doesn't cover all the DV 377s btw) being different so no. The 377/2 should be rarely seen on these diagrams.

In fact you'll find the ex 442 paths used by a lot of different units as they tie into the maintenance plan to return units/get them close to depots.

Last edited:

physics34

Established Member
The 377 4 car fleet is operated as one single fleet with only the DV diagrams (that doesn't cover all the DV 377s btw) being different so no. The 377/2 should be rarely seen on these diagrams.

In fact you'll find the ex 442 paths used by a lot of different units as they tie into the maintenance plan to return units/get them close to depots.

Cheers!

Class455

Established Member
Will 700 001 be delivered within the 8 car delivery period? Surprised this hasnt come across the channel yet, the last time this was photographed was at Aachen Hauptbahnhof in Germany in March!

Last edited:

Class377/5

Established Member
Will 700 001 be delivered within the 8 car delivery period? Surprised this hasnt come across the channel yet, the last time this was photographed was at Aachen Hauptbahnhof in Germany in March!

It's a Wildenrath being tested. It's done a lot of miles so far and may not be over any time soon.

MrB

(wrong thread i know)

What does BI/SU mean? Cheers.

Class377/5

Established Member
On Southern the DV fleet is SU and rest are BI. Believe the plan is the 377/2 all to be SU and 377/5 for BI.

Meanwhile with the 700s, there will be a delivery on Wednesday this week.

Class 466

Established Member
On Southern the DV fleet is SU and rest are BI. Believe the plan is the 377/2 all to be SU and 377/5 for BI.

Meanwhile with the 700s, there will be a delivery on Wednesday this week.

Talking of 377/5s the first one has been branded up externally and internally by SE over the weekend. The other 7 units will follow suit with them all done by 10/03/17.

I saw 700039 out in service today, that make it 36 in pax use?

Attachments

• IMG_9192.jpg
    IMG_9192.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 135

SprinterMan

Established Member
Talking of 377/5s the first one has been branded up externally and internally by SE over the weekend. The other 7 units will follow suit with them all done by 10/03/17.

Internally? Are we just talking posters and stickers or do you mean seat covers as well?

Adam :D

Class377/5

Established Member

Just some vinyl stickers that are fairly easy to apply/remove externally and internal stickers. Don't forget SE is having the 377/5 for a few months yet as the cascade of 377s off Southern to SE is due yet.

I can't remember just how many units are ready at the moment, have to check my records but think 039 IIRC was last week's brought unit.

Deepgreen

Established Member

Giving SE's blue Electrostars yet another first class section distribution!

Status
Not open for further replies.