• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Query regarding Victoria line 1967 stock and Metropolitan line A stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
I am planning on booking tickets tommorow. I have found a good hotel at nr heathrow to stay in on saturday night .

cso

The date and image were a late edition to the page... everyone that phoned to book highlighted this fact. Online booking also wasn't possible earlier.

causton

Established Member
Some timings, while not confirmed and indeed with the nature of this may be totally different to what happens, but if you're in Uxbridge between 12 noon and 1pm, you may just get to see the 67 stock! (Apparently booked for pfm. 3)

CCF23

The only surviving units are now

3003+3162
3005+3149
3011+3184
3034+3185
3140+3041
3158+3076
3159+3079
3160+3061
3175+3078

The units used on Sundays tour (3133+3071) went to Acton Work to be taken for scrap on Tuesday

12CSVT

Established Member
I know May 27th has been mentioned as the last day for 67 stock north of Seven Sisters. Is there any confirmed last day of service for the 67 stock on the rest of the line ?

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I know May 27th has been mentioned as the last day for 67 stock north of Seven Sisters. Is there any confirmed last day of service for the 67 stock on the rest of the line ?

According to the Victoria line General Manager (on the tour last Sunday) the 67TS will not be allowed north of Seven Sisters after the 27th (as you say), and the requirement will be reduced to peak time pushes only - so doing return trips from Seven Sisters to Brixton. The final day of service remains up in the air, with rumours abound that the stock may actually be withdrawn earlier than originally intended.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Yesterday 26th I rode 11077 / 11078; today 27th I saw 11079 / 11080 on test doing station stops but with no internal lights on.

Yesterday I rode 05 + 49, which was the only oldie I saw and I believe I covered all the diagrams. Today I saw 59 + xx ( presumably still with 79??? ); again the only oldie I saw - although today I could only cover about 25% of the diagrams.

12CSVT

Established Member
Looks like Saturday (28th) was an unofficial farewell day as there seemed to be more 67 than 09 stock running. 05+49, 58+76 and 60+61 were among those running, unfortnately I didn't have time to see which other 67 stock was running.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
When the Victoria line reopens on Tuesday morning there will be no more 67s north of Seven Sisters!

jon0844

Veteran Member
When is the date they're on the whole line, or more importantly, when is the date they fix the heat problem by activating the regenerative braking?

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I believe only a couple of 09TS deliveries are now required for the full timetable to be able to be worked without the 67TS. I've still not heard a specific date, but the beginning of July seems to be the target.

As soon as the 67TS are all off the line, they can up the line voltage and switch on the regenerative breaking.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Really, given how much the heat hits me just by walking on a Victoria Line platform, I am sure it was hot - but maybe you are less sensitive to heat, or are just used to it being very hot anyway.

I've found it quite uncomfortable on the platforms, but this might be because for most of the last few months, it's been cold outside so I'm wearing a jacket or warmer clothing. I guess on a hot day, wearing just jeans and a t-shirt or similar, it might be tolerable.

Aictos

Established Member
When the Victoria line reopens on Tuesday morning there will be no more 67s north of Seven Sisters!

In others words, when I use the Victoria line this week between Finsbury Park and Tottenham Hale it's going to be the 2009 stock.

12CSVT

Established Member

Just one question - does this mean the 67 stock can't run to or from Northumberland Park depot ?

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
No, the 67TS can still access Northumberland Park depot via the connection at Seven Sisters, as the original signalling is still in use on the depot access tracks. It can't proceed beyond Seven Sisters station on the main line though.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Really, given how much the heat hits me just by walking on a Victoria Line platform, I am sure it was hot - but maybe you are less sensitive to heat, or are just used to it being very hot anyway.

Possibly, and I should mention that I had a vest, shirt and sweatshirt on - plus my jacket.....

Established Member
The 2009TS forced ventilation system is currently taking in the hot air that is produced by the brakes on the 1967TS, as well as the air expelled by the cab air conditioning on the 2009TS. Pumping hot air into an already hot carriage, good idea Bombardier...

GodAtum

On Moderation
I was on the Metropolitan Line last Saturday morning to Uxbridge, unfortunately I got the old stock trains. I cant wait for the new ones!

Aictos

Established Member
I got the chance to try out the new 2009 stock earlier and wow, I found it to be to comfortable and certainly different to the usual LUL stock that you might find on the Victoria line or any other to think of it.

While the Air Conditioning might need some work as the coach I was in was fairly warm, I took that because it was full of passengers and nothing to do with the 67 stock.

It was interesting to see a flashing sign inside warn when the doors were closing but also interesting to be told what side the doors will open as well as approaching Seven Sisters where the train was to terminate where to go to get the onward Victoria line service.

The only error I noticed was leaving Finsbury Park, it announced the next station is Finsbury Park but before we arrived at the next station had corrected itself.

So yes I do consider myself a fan of them, :)

jon0844

Veteran Member
I thought that the first time I went on 09 stock, as it was crowded. Travel again at night, when you may be one of the only people on it, and see how warm it is then! I wonder what it is like in the morning, having allowed the tunnels to cool down?

The flashing light seems like a missed opportunity as it's only on one side of each door. It could have also been used to show which side the doors opened, instead of having it written on the LED display, but that's a minor point.

What I think they should have done, which would have perhaps solved the issue of people breaking the doors so easily by boarding when the doors are closing, is had the footwell lighting change form bright white to red - and then flash - as the doors are closing. At the moment, the white lights stay on until the doors lock. A missed opportunity there.

I think the 'next station Finsbury Park' problem is someone playing homage to the time the 365s used to say that when approaching Potters Bar!

Aictos

Established Member
Indeed, anyone know in miles and chains only what the distance is between Kings Cross St Pancras and Tottenham Hale please.

Status
Not open for further replies.